Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Problems with your theories...
Posted By: Vulcan <graf@duesouth.net>Date: 4/8/01 11:42 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Problems with your theories... (Physalis)

Yea Sabot rounds are neet.

However I think in the future we will see railguns in use. If I had to make my guess it would be in tanks. Heres why:

The U.S. military is currently developing what they term a "nail gun" for it "nails" the enemy. Who said the U.S. military dident have a sense of humor? er...well I'll leave that for you to decide. What the weapon is, is a specialized sniper rifle that can be carried by a single soldier with an advanced laser sight. The weapon will fire a bullet specialy designed to penitrate tank armor. The Round will be highly advanced and will be capable of changeing its flight path to follow the laser sight from the gun (much like a laser guided missle). With a single round the sniper can take out a tank. How you might ask? Quite simple, they hit the magazine causeing the tanks amunition to explode.

So Why might railguns find there way in tanks? Because there is no need for chemical propellants to fire the rounds that would expload when hit by a tank killing sniper bullet.

Message Index

Replies:

How do I submit theories??Gabriel Bregg 4/5/01 3:28 p.m.
     Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/5/01 10:09 p.m.
           Re: How do I submit theories??DogCow 4/6/01 12:37 a.m.
                 Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/7/01 3:34 p.m.
     Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 10:51 a.m.
           Re: Problems with your theories...Gabriel Bregg 4/7/01 12:11 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:18 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 3:46 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 4:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/7/01 10:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 11:47 p.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/8/01 12:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 11:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/9/01 12:16 a.m.
                                                                       laser sights and railguns, oh myAnaphiel 4/9/01 10:36 a.m.
                                                                             Re: laser sights and railguns, oh myrosignol 4/9/01 1:52 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 7:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 8:51 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Louis Wu 4/7/01 3:36 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Kinescope 4/7/01 6:20 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 12:04 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.