Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Problems with your theories...
Posted By: Vulcan <graf@duesouth.net>Date: 4/8/01 12:04 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Problems with your theories... (Kinescope)

: Just to add some interesting details to the discussion, I believe that the US
: Navy already has a battleship with railguns. I'm not sure which one it is,
: but I heard that they did this a while back from a good source. Also,
: aside from shotgun shells, I believe that most modern bullets use a C4
: variant for the explosive propulsion. Could be wrong on this one, though.

: As for the homing weapons, take a look at the Sci-Fi book
: _Patton's_Spaceship_ by John Barnes. The weapon the protagonist uses is
: quite similar to what has been described, here. ;-)

: ~Kinescope

I heard something on these lines befor. I dont quite recall the exact discussion. But it was my understanding that it was either A. Experimental. or B. They were just saying that the only thing big enough to have one would be a battle ship. I'm pretty sure there is no battle ship in service whith a rail gun on it. Infact, as of my knowledge the U.S. currently has no battleships in service. They cost a million dollars a day to run you know :-D

Kind of sad really...Battleships still hold a lot of prestige, and they are very magestic vessels.

As for the C4 story. I dont belive this is true. I was watching junkyard wars and they were makeing cannons. They had one team that used traditional black powder and another team that used the modern stuff, whatever it was. Either way it wasnt clay like, it was a white powder. Bu

Message Index

Replies:

How do I submit theories??Gabriel Bregg 4/5/01 3:28 p.m.
     Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/5/01 10:09 p.m.
           Re: How do I submit theories??DogCow 4/6/01 12:37 a.m.
                 Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/7/01 3:34 p.m.
     Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 10:51 a.m.
           Re: Problems with your theories...Gabriel Bregg 4/7/01 12:11 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:18 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 3:46 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 4:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/7/01 10:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 11:47 p.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/8/01 12:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 11:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/9/01 12:16 a.m.
                                                                       laser sights and railguns, oh myAnaphiel 4/9/01 10:36 a.m.
                                                                             Re: laser sights and railguns, oh myrosignol 4/9/01 1:52 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 7:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 8:51 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Louis Wu 4/7/01 3:36 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Kinescope 4/7/01 6:20 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 12:04 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.