Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Problems with your theories...
Posted By: HethalDate: 4/7/01 3:46 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Problems with your theories... (Vulcan)

Yes, railguns. Are they not beautiful? In case some of you guys out there didn't know, they do exsist. In fact, you can make one yourself. Just hop on metacrawler or the like and do a search for some blueprints or directions. It shouldn't cost too much. They aren't illegal either. I would like to make one eventually when I get the time and resources to do so.

Oh yeah... on this comment: "At this speed you could fire a grain of sand and do sevear damage to a target...assumeing the projectile dident just go strait through the object leaveing only a pin size hole in it. "

Well, I don't think the pin size hole thing would happen at a speed such as that. When you fire a 50cal BMG Berret with FMJs at someone and their chest explodes, most of the impact is made from the shock wave in front of and to the sides of the round, along with the suction created from the backdraft. I'm not talking about explosive rounds either, just regular old bullets that make your head go POP! So at a speed much faster than what a Berret or PSG-1 can pump out, I would imagine the resulting POP would be more like a BIG POP! :)

Message Index

Replies:

How do I submit theories??Gabriel Bregg 4/5/01 3:28 p.m.
     Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/5/01 10:09 p.m.
           Re: How do I submit theories??DogCow 4/6/01 12:37 a.m.
                 Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/7/01 3:34 p.m.
     Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 10:51 a.m.
           Re: Problems with your theories...Gabriel Bregg 4/7/01 12:11 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:18 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 3:46 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 4:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/7/01 10:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 11:47 p.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/8/01 12:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 11:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/9/01 12:16 a.m.
                                                                       laser sights and railguns, oh myAnaphiel 4/9/01 10:36 a.m.
                                                                             Re: laser sights and railguns, oh myrosignol 4/9/01 1:52 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 7:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 8:51 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Louis Wu 4/7/01 3:36 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Kinescope 4/7/01 6:20 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 12:04 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.