Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Problems with your theories...
Posted By: Vulcan <graf@duesouth.net>Date: 4/7/01 3:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Problems with your theories... (Gabriel Bregg)

: Good point about the ammo, this is exactly what a silencer does, reduced the
: velocity of the projectile until it is subsonic.

Thanks

More advanced/self propelled projectiles have one other huge advantage....No recoil. This would greatly increase the accuracy of the weapon. Then again it wouldent matter much if they were guided. You could sellect a target shoot in a totaly oposit dirrection and still hit it :-)

Really this is one reason projectile based weapons have a HUGE advantage over energy based weapons. You can make a bullet/missle fly around a corner, you cant make a energy beam do it.
Unless you put mirrors or something all over the place. But for some reason I doubt most enemies will sit still while they wait for you to place mirrors all over the place so that you can saw them all down with your Laser-O-Matic :-)

: Regarding the driveline things, that was the real beauty of it, it was all
: unsuspended weight, the only drive braking mechanism a ferrous rim, and a
: dynamo where the current brake disc would be. The actual power plants
: would be in the body if the vehicle near the wheel...Guess I was not clear
: enough on that.

Ah so you did mean that it was unsuspended? I thought you ment it was on the wheels themselves.

: Also, what are am talking about in the weapons IS gauss tech. When you
: degauss your monitor, you are discharging built up magnetic charges that
: are hurting the placement of the beam from the electron gun (assumming you
: are using a CRT monitor and not a LCD display)

So are you suggesting a CRT Monitor cannon? :-D J/K
But bassicaly what your talking about here is a rail gun/linier accelorator. A series of powerfull electrical magnets which change charges in sequence to propell a projectile to high volovities.

Theoreticaly given a powerfull enough rail gun you could accelorate a projectile to near the speed of light. At this speed you could fire a grain of sand and do sevear damage to a target...assumeing the projectile dident just go strait through the object leaveing only a pin size hole in it.

Unfortunatly unlike the more advanced projectile idea, this would still have a lot of recoil.

: BTW, no one has told me how to submit them in the right place yet :D

hehe dont look at me :-D

Message Index

Replies:

How do I submit theories??Gabriel Bregg 4/5/01 3:28 p.m.
     Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/5/01 10:09 p.m.
           Re: How do I submit theories??DogCow 4/6/01 12:37 a.m.
                 Re: How do I submit theories??Hethal 4/7/01 3:34 p.m.
     Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 10:51 a.m.
           Re: Problems with your theories...Gabriel Bregg 4/7/01 12:11 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:18 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 3:46 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 3:57 p.m.
                                   Re: Problems with your theories...Hethal 4/7/01 4:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/7/01 10:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/7/01 11:47 p.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/8/01 12:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 11:42 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...Physalis 4/9/01 12:16 a.m.
                                                                       laser sights and railguns, oh myAnaphiel 4/9/01 10:36 a.m.
                                                                             Re: laser sights and railguns, oh myrosignol 4/9/01 1:52 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 7:40 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Problems with your theories...TCB 4/11/01 8:51 p.m.
                 Re: Problems with your theories...Louis Wu 4/7/01 3:36 p.m.
                       Re: Problems with your theories...Kinescope 4/7/01 6:20 p.m.
                             Re: Problems with your theories...Vulcan 4/8/01 12:04 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.