|Frequently Asked Forum Questions|
|Search Older Posts on This Forum:|
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts
|Halo Update-In the flesh|
|Posted By: Jamman||Date: 3/31/01 2:21 a.m.|
In Response To: Server too busy (Dalan Galma)
: BGH is down. I wanna see.
- Paul Russell is modeling the Pillar of Autumn's bridge.
- AI just keeps getting better. The Covenant will search in packs and retreat in squads. They search different locations and will concentrate their attentions in the areas they think you were headed to. Eventually different races will use different searching methods.
- The AI is working so well at this point that Jaime is having a blast building encounters, including some large ones.
- Jason put every weapon in the game. Some are still prototypes - unfinished art, etc. - but the team is now able to start testing, tweaking and balancing the weapons in earnest.
- Dying units will drop their weapons.
- Matt Segur continues to chug away on the scripting system.
- Covenant Elites now have a shield, which already looks decent and will look even better after Shiek works his magic on it.
- New Guy: Derek Moore. Job: Artist. Working on: multiplayer.
- Mat Noguchi made it possible to record movement macros in the editor. In other words, you can record anything a unit or vehicle does and then replay those movements or actions any time you want. Should come in handy.
- Bernie created what Jaime calls the "umbra" effect: if there are trees between you and the sun, you'll see sun beams shining realistically through the leaves and branches. VERY impressive.
- Bernie also created the "Active Camouflage" effect, a watery transparency effect that works gloriously.
- Grenades are in.
|Has the update turned up? [NT]||rosignol||3/30/01 5:50 p.m.|
|Re: Has the update turned up? [NT]||Matt||3/30/01 9:07 p.m.|
|Re: Has the update turned up?||BackGroundNoise||3/30/01 10:38 p.m.|
|Just mailed it...||Matt||3/30/01 11:07 p.m.|
|Re: Just mailed it...||Jamman||3/30/01 11:16 p.m.|
|Server too busy||Dalan Galma||3/31/01 1:04 a.m.|
|Halo Update-In the flesh||Jamman||3/31/01 2:21 a.m.|
|Show us!||Ilium Rise||3/31/01 12:32 a.m.|
|Re: Show us!||Cunbelin the Trained Monkey||3/31/01 2:45 a.m.|
|Re: Show us!||rosignol||4/2/01 9:02 a.m.|
The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.