glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?
Posted By: Durandural <lime@sabermail.com>Date: 1/21/01 6:59 p.m.

I know that Matt reads these forums, so I'm hoping he'll catch a glimpse of this (any of it) and perhaps help calm my nerves.

I read this on Shugashack:

"EBWorld will no longer be accepting pre-orders for the PC version of Halo, as they were informed by the "higher-ups" that Halo would be an Xbox exclusive title and to cease accepting pre-orders for the game. Considering EBWorld will take pre-orders for literally anything, this could be some pretty strong news that Microsoft plans to keep Halo off the PC... But - I just asked the official PR rep who handles Halo and he says as far as he knows the PC and Mac versions are still on, and will know more next week."

I've read all the posts below about how the game was announced, but since Microsoft (I assume) will be publishing it, doesn't this present a problem? If they're not going to be publishing the game, would Bungie have any recourse?

Waiting for the yeah or nay is going to suck. Just because a game was announced, doesn't mean that M$ couldn't change its mind. I'm not saying that it's what happen, just that it might. If it does, I can guarantee this the last straw for me and M$. I'll just go over to Linux and be done with the entire mess.

But anyway, can anyone out there explain to me, calmly, why this is a load of crap?

Message Index

Replies:

Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?Durandural 1/21/01 6:59 p.m.
     Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?mattd 1/21/01 7:45 p.m.
           Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?Da Pacifist 1/22/01 3:32 a.m.
                 totally OT...rosignol 1/22/01 12:18 p.m.
                       Re: totally OT...Pfhreak 1/22/01 10:32 p.m.
                             Re: totally OT...Falcon 1/23/01 11:14 a.m.
           Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?Da Pacifist 1/22/01 3:32 a.m.
     Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?Mark Levin 1/21/01 7:58 p.m.
     Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?rosignol 1/22/01 12:12 p.m.
     Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?Matt 1/22/01 12:42 p.m.
           Timex Sinclair Port?Anonymous Coward 1/22/01 2:00 p.m.
                 Re: Timex Sinclair Port?nexZ 1/22/01 2:43 p.m.
                       Re: VIC 20 Port?Visor 1/22/01 3:57 p.m.
                             Re: VIC 20 Port?Ape Man 1/22/01 11:33 p.m.
                                   Re: VIC 20 Port?Shrike 1/23/01 2:38 p.m.
           Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?Curious 1/22/01 2:16 p.m.
                 Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?Durandural 1/22/01 7:41 p.m.
                 Re: Matt? Please? Can you confirm/deny this?Cipherman5 1/22/01 7:41 p.m.
           SO WHEN IS IT RELEASED???? Hey Matt !!Maddog=RN= 1/24/01 4:56 a.m.
                 Re: SO WHEN IS IT RELEASED???? Hey Matt !!^^ clueless person above ^^ 1/28/01 12:24 p.m.
                       Re: SO WHEN IS IT RELEASED???? Hey Matt !!Maddog=RN= 2/2/01 4:02 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.