Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Sybex Halo Strategy Guide
Posted By: Eric A. Meyer <eric@meyerweb.com>Date: 11/27/00 8:12 a.m.

As a recently published author myself, I can perhaps offer a little insight into the Amazon.com information and how seriously we should take it.

When Amazon.com puts up information on a book, it's usually going with information supplied by the publisher. The publication date, page count, and other such things are all the initial estimates that were made by the publisher and author at the beginning of the project. At one point, Amazon listed my then-forthcoming book as being 480 pages even though it wasn't quite finished, and even I didn't know how many pages long it would be when all was said and done (it ended up being 453). Amazon also gave a release date a couple of months in advance of the actual release date, and that didn't get changed until the book was practically out... which meant that for a few weeks, the site claimed the book was available for shipping when it hadn't even been printed!

Basically, this means that Sybex is confident enough that the title will be published that they released information about it, probably several months ago. So we can deduce that Sybex has serious plans to come out with that title by that author. The rest is pretty much noise.

Message Index

Replies:

Sybex Halo Strategy GuideEric A. Meyer 11/27/00 8:12 a.m.
     Re: Sybex Halo Strategy Guidemattd 11/27/00 1:53 p.m.
           Re: Sybex Halo Strategy GuideEric A. Meyer 11/27/00 4:15 p.m.
                 Re: Sybex Halo Strategy Guidedilbert 11/27/00 4:29 p.m.
                       Re: Sybex Halo Strategy GuideBrother of Steel 11/27/00 8:01 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.