Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I agree with 'nsic and Endah
Posted By: Freewill <freewill@clanplaid.net>Date: 8/14/00 8:58 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo World - To Matt (Forensic)

I kept my mouth shut long ago when people were going on and on about how accurate and absolutely perfect Halo was going to be. I think I finally blew a gasket when folks were claiming that the flag blowing at the end of the first Halo trailer was hyper-realistic... that each and every billow of the flag was being computed in real-time, etc etc.

I don't have a problem with a game having such wonderful things added, but I do have a problem with fans of a game raising the bar so much that the game designers will never win at the end.

This kinda all goes back to my original caveat when folks first started screaming that Halo was/is vaporware. I very simply stated that we haven't seen the game in real life. We still haven't really... we've seen no gameplay, just alot of very nifty movies. That doesn't mean I'm dissing the programmers, it just means they haven't worked it out enough to show it to all of us. When they do, I'll pass judgement on whether Halo rocks or not. That doesn't mean I don't have faith in them rocking my world. I'll put money down that it *will* rock.

Excuse the rambling...

- Free (poolside in San Fran)

Message Index

Replies:

Halo World - To MattReaper Man 8/14/00 12:13 p.m.
     Re: Halo World - To MattEndah 8/14/00 2:53 p.m.
           Re: Halo World - To MattMark Levin 8/14/00 3:04 p.m.
                 Re: Halo World - To MattLuke 8/15/00 8:24 p.m.
                 Open-ended areas and game designKnight 8/16/00 11:57 a.m.
                       Re: Open-ended areas and game designBr'fin 8/16/00 12:27 p.m.
                             Re: Open-ended areas and game designMark Levin 8/16/00 2:38 p.m.
                       Re: Open-ended areas and game designMark Levin 8/16/00 12:46 p.m.
           Re: Halo World - To MattSmokey 8/14/00 3:29 p.m.
                 Re: Halo World - To MattForensic 8/14/00 4:17 p.m.
                       Above message is messed up, read this instead.Forensic 8/14/00 4:21 p.m.
                             Re: Above message is messed up, read this instead.Smokey 8/14/00 5:12 p.m.
                       I agree with 'nsic and EndahFreewill 8/14/00 8:58 p.m.
                             Re: I agree with 'nsic and EndahForensic 8/15/00 7:25 a.m.
                                   To be absolutely fairDesio 8/16/00 8:37 a.m.
     Re: Halo World - To MattMatt 8/14/00 6:48 p.m.
           Re: Halo World - To MattMark Levin 8/14/00 7:12 p.m.
           Matt..... I am so let down.Not For You To Know 8/15/00 4:14 p.m.
           Re: Halo World, or ScootervilleAcid_Rabbit 8/15/00 4:40 p.m.
           Re: Halo World - To MattDavid Oosha 8/16/00 9:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.