Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

"A Whisper in the Storm" = Arbiter Prayer
Posted By: Spacegoat <Stratplayer525@msn.com>Date: 1/8/05 3:37 p.m.

I don't know if this was already mentioned. This is my first time in the forums.

"I wander the earth. I seek your forgiveness for my horrible crimes against God. Amen . I wish to seek death, destruction. the light, let the light that cannot be extinguished-"

I thought about it for a minute, and it dawned on me that this is a prayer of forgiveness. Since this is the scene where the Arbiter is made into an Arbiter, the words in this prayer make sense. It is quite possibly an Arbiter's prayer of forgiveness to the Prophets. The line, "I wish to seek death, destruction" sounds similar to the Arbiter's wishes to be executed rather than become an Arbiter. The mention of "the light that cannot be extinguished" makes me wonder if it means something about the great journey.
I don't think this could be Gravemind. It is too early in the game, although I believe you hear the same "whisper" when playing on the level High Charity or Gravemind.

Another possibility is that this is an actual prayer from the Common Book of Prayers or a Psalm. Somebody should look for this in a Bible.

Message Index

Replies:

"A Whisper in the Storm" = Arbiter PrayerSpacegoat 1/8/05 3:37 p.m.
     Re: "A Whisper in the Storm" = Arbiter Prayerctishman 1/8/05 3:57 p.m.
           Re: "A Whisper in the Storm" = Arbiter PrayerIceWeasel 1/8/05 4:00 p.m.
     Re: "A Whisper in the Storm" = Arbiter PrayerIceWeasel 1/8/05 4:04 p.m.
     Crazy idea...Gunslinger_19 1/8/05 4:59 p.m.
           Re: Crazy idea...First Strike 1/8/05 9:40 p.m.
           Re: Crazy idea...ctishman 1/9/05 1:42 a.m.
           Re: Crazy idea...SDroid 1/9/05 9:44 a.m.
           Re: Crazy idea...Silent Knight 1/11/05 8:29 p.m.
                 Re: Crazy idea...MetaPfhor 1/11/05 8:44 p.m.
                       Re: Crazy idea...Silent Knight 1/11/05 8:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.