Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Totally agree... Long
Posted By: djpaddock20 <wwsys20@cox.net>Date: 1/2/05 1:00 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Totally agree... Long (Chester the Destroyer)

This video game becomes a sport once you put it in a professional arena, i.e. MLG or CPL. It's the same as what football was before the USFL/NFL/AFL. A game. As soon as it becomes a sport, it needs to be tweaked until it is the most fair it can be for the professional community. Usually, this is possible by the modding community. Unless Bungie chooses to release a huge download of tools and whatnot, I don't really see that happening. Hence we send our requests to Bungie itself. I'm just as much a Halo lover as the next person, but like I said, I don't like seeing a game with problems that are fixable. Almost all of the problems we find are ones that will make the game better for everyone once fixed. They aren't just for us to be able to "own" you better. Whether the game is fixed or not, the top players will consistently beat the lower tier players. I wholeheartedly agree with you about the XBL ranking system. Not only is it useless, but it's a drain on the XBL network. The major problem with your statement, is that the whole ranking system is not true competition. There's no money to play for, so most people don't take it seriously. Once you start getting into the money tournaments is where you see the true competitive players showing themselves.

My voice is loud not only here, but in the ears of Bungie through official channels. Whether or not they listen is up to them though. Every change that was suggested in the email sent out was discussed with several hundred people prior to writing out. Each one will result in more fair and fun gameplay to the masses and a better competitive atmosphere.

the DJ

p.s. no one will stop buying Halo 2, it's too big not to.

HaloImpulse

Message Index

Replies:

Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 12/31/04 11:49 p.m.
     Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/1/05 12:00 a.m.
           Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/1/05 9:10 a.m.
                 Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/1/05 11:08 a.m.
                       Totally agree...Chester the Destroyer 1/1/05 12:47 p.m.
                             Re: Totally agree... Longdjpaddock20 1/1/05 6:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Totally agree... LongChester the Destroyer 1/1/05 9:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Totally agree... Longdjpaddock20 1/2/05 1:00 p.m.
                                         Re: Totally agree... LongSTB 1/2/05 9:06 p.m.
                                               Re: Totally agree... LongChester the Destroyer 1/2/05 10:43 p.m.
                                                     Re: Totally agree... LongAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/3/05 7:43 a.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 5:42 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 5:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 6:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 6:20 p.m.
                                               Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 6:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 7:00 p.m.
                                                           Re: Weekly What's UpdateCount Zero 1/1/05 9:24 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Weekly What's UpdateRoss Mills [subnova] 1/2/05 3:09 a.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/2/05 3:11 a.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/2/05 1:00 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/2/05 8:50 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/3/05 7:59 a.m.
                                         Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/4/05 2:53 p.m.
                                               Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/4/05 3:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/4/05 4:58 p.m.
                                                           Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/4/05 5:10 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/6/05 3:01 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/6/05 3:15 p.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateGraymawr 1/2/05 1:30 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/2/05 8:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateGraymawr 1/2/05 9:46 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.