Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Totally agree... Long
Posted By: Chester the Destroyer <Lofo87@Gmail.com>Date: 1/1/05 9:36 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Totally agree... Long (djpaddock20)

: Maybe if you expanded your Halo
: site surfage you would see the many other posts I have made detailing
: exactly what glitches and the problems with the maps as they are now.
Many people have made addressing these issues.

Everything you said there has been addressed before. Exploiting glitches (such as the midship one you mentioned) is cheating and is getting fixed - but it takes time.

I'm not sure that I took anything out of context, save the thinking thing, and I apoligize for that. That same quote was the only one trimmed - none others.

I'm also sorry that I cannot empathize with your "competitive" gamer sentiment, I feel that once a game becomes about competition and not about fun, it becomes an exercise in futility. (That is also why I believe the ranking system on XBL is horrible - I'll get crap for that, but it's how I feel.)

That said, it probably would've been better for me not to respond, because (as you said) your in the minority that sees the game for it's sport over the majority's fun. It's not wrong, just different.

That said, I didn't take anything of yours out of context, just saw it in a different light - two different things. I saw it from the fun point of view, you posted from the sport point of view. When a average Halo 2 player sees your post like you made, to us it sounds like your crying about tiny little things in the game that balance it unlike the original Halo. To the majority of us, the weapons, vehicles, and even glitches are fine - save the clear distinction between fun glitch and cheat - we also do not tolerate cheating - so it sounds like you're crying cause you can't pwn us like you could in Halo - which you can't, because of the balance.

Halo 2 is classified as a Video Game. Football is classified as a sport. The distinction is made because the majority of players of a game are in it for fun, and the majority for sport are in to win (which, again, is ok, just different). NFL and NCAA officials altered the rules of football so that a backwards pass is a fumble instead of an incomplete, because it gave most offenses a completely unfair advantage. Bungie can't dispose of sword flying because both sides can use it and therefore it doesn't give an unfair advantage to most players, and I'd like to see them try to explain it to the tricking community. (I know that most games only have one sword in the map, so I guess it is somewhat unfair, but if it were called 'Spartan winged shoes,' people would only complain that is cheap, not a cheat; 'unfair,' but still 'fair.' For this you'd have to completely get rid of the Juggernaut gametype, because it offers a fair 'unfair' advantage to the juggernaut.)You can kill the sword holder, like the juggernaut, so it's fair, but 'unfair.'

Your loud voice maybe loud here, but, overall, it's incredibly quiet. The stuff won't get changed (cept the cheats), because it affects the fun for the majority of the players. When we stop having fun, we stop playing, and therefore stop buying :/

Chester.

Message Index

Replies:

Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 12/31/04 11:49 p.m.
     Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/1/05 12:00 a.m.
           Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/1/05 9:10 a.m.
                 Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/1/05 11:08 a.m.
                       Totally agree...Chester the Destroyer 1/1/05 12:47 p.m.
                             Re: Totally agree... Longdjpaddock20 1/1/05 6:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Totally agree... LongChester the Destroyer 1/1/05 9:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Totally agree... Longdjpaddock20 1/2/05 1:00 p.m.
                                         Re: Totally agree... LongSTB 1/2/05 9:06 p.m.
                                               Re: Totally agree... LongChester the Destroyer 1/2/05 10:43 p.m.
                                                     Re: Totally agree... LongAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/3/05 7:43 a.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 5:42 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 5:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 6:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 6:20 p.m.
                                               Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 6:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 7:00 p.m.
                                                           Re: Weekly What's UpdateCount Zero 1/1/05 9:24 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Weekly What's UpdateRoss Mills [subnova] 1/2/05 3:09 a.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/2/05 3:11 a.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/2/05 1:00 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/2/05 8:50 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/3/05 7:59 a.m.
                                         Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/4/05 2:53 p.m.
                                               Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/4/05 3:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/4/05 4:58 p.m.
                                                           Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/4/05 5:10 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/6/05 3:01 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/6/05 3:15 p.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateGraymawr 1/2/05 1:30 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/2/05 8:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateGraymawr 1/2/05 9:46 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.