Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Weekly What's Update
Posted By: Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) <sumpca@yahoo.com>Date: 1/1/05 9:10 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Weekly What's Update (djpaddock20)

: Yes, I understand the Marathon part, you want to
: let people know it's still available. Why the hell did you put it in a
: HALO 2 UPDATE though?

He didn't. It's a BUNGIE update, not a Halo 2 update.

: Honestly, no one cares if little Susy can't figure out a small part of XBL.

I suspect Susy cares. I also suspect that a metric crapload of other people care and have asked by email... or why else bother to answer it in the update? (Do you really think that Bungie only received a half-dozen or so questions last week?)

: We care about Bungie delivering on their promises
: of vigorously attacking and banning cheaters, of fixing exploits in the
: game, (sword flying anyone?), of new content.

I honestly have no idea what you're asking for when you're asking them to deliver on "vigorously attacking and banning cheaters"... since banning is pretty much invisible to us. If you're running into a cheater, by all means rat them out through XBL feedback and/or the Zanzibar thread on bungie.net. If you're running into a repeat cheater, DEFINITELY notify Bungie (see above) and deliver some evidence they can use... the gameviewer is one good way to finger the finks.

Sword flying can stay in for all I care; it's not a terribly good glitch to exploit in multiplayer. (Too fiddly to rig, at least for a ham-fisted game-dolt like me anyway, and too easy to foil as an attack even for a ham-fisted game-dolt like me.) The flag-grabs through the floor and the observer mode glitches are definitely worth fixing, though.

: We need new maps Bungie.

And I need a 60" widescreen plasma TV the same way. (Translation: It'd be nice, but I won't stop playing if I don't get it.) We know that there are new maps coming, just not when. Sheesh, it's only been less than two months since release...

: The
: ones we've got are good and all, but come on, what happened to "you
: could fit all of Halo 1 into one little canyon of Halo 2." It's more
: like, "wow, we can fit lockout, midship, ivory tower, colossus and
: zanzibar into sidewinder."

That quote was about the single player campaign. If you're going to bitch about others not paying attention, you should pay closer attention yourself.

I'd also like to point out that (except for Zanzibar) the maps you mention are all indoor maps. When maps don't support vehicle, you don't want to make them huge or players would spend too much time trying to find each other. Try comparing Waterworks to Sidewinder... Lockout and Midship are more for smaller groups (think Prisoner and Lockout) and it just isn't a fair comparison.

: p.s. before all you fanboys start flaming me, i happen to love halo 1/2. i
: operate haloimpulse out of my own damn pocket, $140/mo, i just dont like
: seeing a good game that could be made better get left by the wayside for a
: bunch of noobs.

I have no argument with you enjoying Halo, and I'm impressed that you want to support fandom out of your own pocket. Thank you.

It's the argumentative tone that I take issue with. Leave off the "noob-bashing", will ya? Everybody starts out as a noob; bashing on them is like bashing on yourself a couple of years ago when you were green as grass and more eager than wise.

-- Steve'll confess to some frustration with fans not knowing how to find basic info... but bellyaching won't solve that; it'd be fixed for all time already if it could.

The Northwest London Gamers' Group

Message Index

Replies:

Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 12/31/04 11:49 p.m.
     Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/1/05 12:00 a.m.
           Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/1/05 9:10 a.m.
                 Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/1/05 11:08 a.m.
                       Totally agree...Chester the Destroyer 1/1/05 12:47 p.m.
                             Re: Totally agree... Longdjpaddock20 1/1/05 6:38 p.m.
                                   Re: Totally agree... LongChester the Destroyer 1/1/05 9:36 p.m.
                                         Re: Totally agree... Longdjpaddock20 1/2/05 1:00 p.m.
                                         Re: Totally agree... LongSTB 1/2/05 9:06 p.m.
                                               Re: Totally agree... LongChester the Destroyer 1/2/05 10:43 p.m.
                                                     Re: Totally agree... LongAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/3/05 7:43 a.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 5:42 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 5:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 6:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 6:20 p.m.
                                               Re: Weekly What's UpdateLouis Wu 1/1/05 6:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/1/05 7:00 p.m.
                                                           Re: Weekly What's UpdateCount Zero 1/1/05 9:24 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Weekly What's UpdateRoss Mills [subnova] 1/2/05 3:09 a.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/2/05 3:11 a.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's Updatedjpaddock20 1/2/05 1:00 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/2/05 8:50 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/3/05 7:59 a.m.
                                         Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/4/05 2:53 p.m.
                                               Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/4/05 3:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/4/05 4:58 p.m.
                                                           Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/4/05 5:10 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/6/05 3:01 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/6/05 3:15 p.m.
                       Re: Weekly What's UpdateGraymawr 1/2/05 1:30 p.m.
                             Re: Weekly What's UpdateSTB 1/2/05 8:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Weekly What's UpdateGraymawr 1/2/05 9:46 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.