Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

thanks Peptuck and Neon...
Posted By: Marius Hamilton <punchface@gmail.com>Date: 12/12/04 12:19 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the Sanghe (Neon)

...belated though they may have been. :)

First, thanks Peptuck, for pointing out that Commander Keyes first name is Miranda, not Amanda...sometimes I can be so damn stupid that I wonder how my lizard brain is even capable enough to run my motor functions.

Although I know that there is a faction of Sangheili (perhaps a very large faction, it's too hard to tell at this point) that has gained a grudging respect for Humanity. There is also a faction that says things like: "Come out, Human, I have a bannana for you". To add to this, I strongly suspect that even were the Humans to be offered a position within the Covenant, the Sangheili are a collosally arrogant race (as shown within the books and games to this point at least) and I seriously doubt that they would desire us to have a position equal to their own within the apparatus of the Covenant. We'd probably have been held in higher esteem than the Unggoy or the Kigyar and about equal to the Lekgolo albeit differently.

Here's what I think could/might happen in Halo3...or maybe not:

The Sangheili are really confused about pretty much everything and upset...their panties are seriously in a tight bunch right up their butt-cracks and it's mighty uncomfortable. They have some serious thinking and assimilating to do given that so many things in their universe have changed so fast.

So the new Sangheili government drafts a detailed transmission to be sent on a broadcast to all Humans and Sangheili that may or may not be able to hear it, throughout the galaxy appraising everyone of their situation and the events that have transpired on Installation 05. This report would be validated in some highly credible and difficult to forge way by both Keyes and Johnson as the ranking human reps on Installation 05. "The Concordiat of the Ring" it might be called, or some other such exalted rubbish. :)

The Sangheili would then finish up by making sure that the remaining Humans on Installation 05, Keyes, Johnson, et al, could get home or go wherever it is that they feel they need to go. BUT, the majority of the Sangheili would not go anywhere with them. The closing statements of the transition would say something like this:

"Uhmmm...okay, it's like this, we're uhh, kinda really freaked out right now and we don't really know what to do with ourselves or with you humans who many of us respect but we don't really like. We have a war to fight against those who have betrayed, murdered and imprisoned us which are sins greater than any that Humanity may or may not have commited. We have to go fight this war. Consider this a cease-fire and armistice between the Sangheili and Humanity until further notice.

Until things settle down a bit, we don't really want anything to do with you humans, sorry about the attack on Earth and all but you're going to have to deal with things on your own for a bit. Good luck.

love and kisses,

The Sangheili Heirarchs"

Okay, so that being said, relations between the Humans and The Sangheili for the majority of the Halo3 story arc would be a bit grey and mysterious. I could see a battle being fought in space where the humans and the Sangheili catch a Covie fleet element inadvertently in a flanking movement...the Covie fleet gets vaporized and then we get tense cut scenes on the command decks of both human and Elite flagships..."What's going on? Is the truce for real? Are they going to fire?" The scene shifts back and forth between the Sangheili and Human admirals, both brooding and pacing their decks wondering the same things. Somebody hails somebody else and it goes on-screen...the admirals talk...briefly. Things are cordial but unstrusting...both guys are playing their cards real close to their chests...then the fleets back away from eachother, cautiously, and that's the end of that. Once one side goes into slip space, leaving the scene, both admirals are seen letting their breath out explosively as a tension releaser. The human admiral wipes his brow with a kerchief or something. "I need a drink". "But sir, we have no alchohol onboard, it's against regs". "Screw the regs..."

This would be the story until some climatic thing towards the end where the Sangheili fleets bail out humanity at the time of our most desperate need, rather like Theoden and Rohan's heavy cavalry showing up to bail out Gondor at Pelinor fields in Tolkien's RotK.

Before that happens however, there would be one group of Sangheili that would stick close to humans...The Arbiter, Half-Jaw and his Spec Ops cadre...they'd hang around with Keyes and Johnson and the remaining humans from In Amber Clad and haul ass around the galaxy and through the story line, saving the day, kicking ass and taking names. When the Sangheili fleets come to Earth in that critical moment, it is then that this band of heroes finally reunites with our main man John117 and his group of party-animals: Frederic104 and Linda058 and William043.

So at the end, we get these two teams together...Oh yes friends and neighbors...breathe in deeply...taste the magic like enhaling the scent of a fine wine...Feel the size and power of THAT steel-toed boot in the ass of the Covenant and the Flood.

with courtesy,

MH

Message Index

Replies:

Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheiliMarius Hamilton 12/9/04 9:16 p.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the Sanghefrost707 12/9/04 9:55 p.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the Sanghegspawn 12/9/04 10:02 p.m.
           Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheiliMarius Hamilton 12/9/04 11:02 p.m.
                 Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheMikeMan445 12/10/04 4:23 a.m.
                       Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheLouis Wu 12/10/04 9:29 a.m.
                             Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheMikeMan445 12/11/04 3:29 a.m.
                                   Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheLouis Wu 12/11/04 8:58 a.m.
                                   Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheNarcogen 12/14/04 10:34 p.m.
           There are....yakaman 12/10/04 1:09 p.m.
           Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the Sanghemnemesis 12/10/04 2:59 p.m.
           Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheNeon 12/12/04 10:16 a.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheKnifeyMcShanker 12/9/04 10:37 p.m.
           Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheYapok 12/9/04 10:51 p.m.
     dude what were you...Ash3r 12/9/04 10:58 p.m.
           Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheiliMarius Hamilton 12/9/04 11:05 p.m.
                 Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the Sangheuran8er 12/9/04 11:38 p.m.
     favorite story post yet :)oddworld 12/10/04 2:28 a.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheDjof 12/10/04 3:11 a.m.
           Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheKhaim 12/10/04 12:27 p.m.
           Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheiliMarius Hamilton 12/10/04 12:29 p.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the Sanghemnemesis 12/10/04 1:44 p.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheKing_Slug 12/11/04 9:20 a.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SanghePeptuck 12/12/04 1:37 a.m.
           Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheNeon 12/12/04 7:27 a.m.
                 thanks Peptuck and Neon...Marius Hamilton 12/12/04 12:19 p.m.
                       Re: thanks Peptuck and Neon...Peptuck 12/13/04 1:14 a.m.
                       Re: thanks Peptuck and Neon...MastaCMB 12/13/04 1:00 p.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheAnthony 12/12/04 11:52 a.m.
     I <3 Your Brain *NM*SirTejicus 12/13/04 7:45 p.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheMasterViper15 12/15/04 12:09 a.m.
           Pitstop at HC...Marius Hamilton 12/15/04 1:11 p.m.
                 Pitstop at HC...Marius Hamilton 12/15/04 1:12 p.m.
                 Re: Pitstop at HC...MastaCMB 12/16/04 11:19 a.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the SangheBlaarg 12/17/04 4:16 p.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the Sanghehtd 12/22/04 10:36 p.m.
     Re: Spec Thoughts Part I: The Crisis of the Sanghenioz 12/31/04 5:13 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.