Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Map Descriptions Reveal Two Halos
Posted By: Ain Soph AurDate: 9/27/04 1:20 a.m.

In Response To: Map Descriptions Reveal Two Halos (Metatron)

: In a recent thread of mine I asked a question of the readers.That question
: was, “What is the difference between Human descriptions of Halo when
: compared to Covenant descriptions of HALO?” Well, I said I would tell you
: guys what I was talking about if no one could provide me with an answer.
: Guess what, no one found the answer, and that’s what this thread is
: about:)

: First off, let me direct your attention back to the question I originally
: asked. I was trying to point out that in all the Covenant MP map
: descriptions halo is spelled out in all caps ( HALO ), and in all the
: Human MP map descriptions halo is spelled out like on would normally (
: Halo ). I was trying to get you guys to look at the different
: spelling/usages of the word halo between different species.

: For example: "Damnation (Covenant Map)
: A covenant structure that was used to control water flow into a section of
: HALO."

I'm going to piss myself gleefully if this is true. Mostly for a reason I cited here. But my observation on Damnation, if it is indeed on HALO, instead of Halo (I'm giving you the benefit if a doubt here, for both our sakes), is that it's not on a ringworld. Now, people have speculated in the past that not all of the "Halo" installations must necessarily be ringworlds, and this would seem to support that.

: "Rat Race (Human Map)
: An asymmetrical map which involves some human mining into one of Halo's
: hallway system."

I remember the last time you brought up Rat Race. I'm still looking for a more detailed explanation of your theories on it =)

: You're probably saying to yourself, "Why is this something worth
: pointing out?" Well, look at the description of the MP map Chill Out,
: which is a Covenant MP map, on b.net's MP maps page. It states, “A
: Covenant research facility on HALO, used to analyze Halo’s material.”
: Notice that this particular map is the only MP map that uses both forms of
: the word halo. This is worth pointing out, because by saying that the
: Covenant research facility is located on HALO, and that it’s purpose is to
: analyze materials found on Halo, the writer is establishing a difference
: in location between the two usages of the word halo. Let me spell it out
: for you guys. The writer is discreetly giving us a hint; that hint being,
: HALO and Halo are two different Halos! Go back and look at the Chill Out's
: description... do you see what I'm talking about?

: Before I get ahead of myself, how do I know that Halo is the same as Halo 04,
: which is the Halo we play on in Halo CE? Well, the description of Derelict
: states, "The second level is the key to this long unused part of the
: Halo." If one looks out the window of this MP map they will see
: Threshold and Basis, which are the two indiactors that Derilict is located
: on Halo 04. So, by using the same usage of the word halo, and then
: comparing the surroundings of the map, one can tell that Halo = Halo 04.

: Of course, we knew that there were other Halos, but this brings up several
: important points. First off, some of the MP maps in the Halo CE were
: actually on a different HALO than Halo 04. This brings brings up the
: question of how long have the Covenant known about the Halos? If the
: Covenant, in fact, have a research facility on a different HALO than Halo
: 04, and it’s purpose is to study materials found on Halo 04, then we
: should assume that the Covenant have known about the Halos for quite some
: time. We should also realize that HALO is probably located much closer to
: Covenant controlled space than Halo 04 is, which is why the Covenant most
: likely set up base there.

: This also brings up questions about the Flood. If the Covenant knew about the
: Halos for some time, then why were they so eager to let the Flood loose on
: Halo 04? Could it be that the Flood were only kept on Halo 04? I'm willing
: to bet that all this will materialize in Halo 2. Remember, we're supposed
: to be "taking the fight to the Covenant" in Halo 2. We're also
: supposed to be going to another Halo. HALO matches all the foretold
: criteria to the exact... coincidence?

: If this information holds to be factual, then many new questions may arrise.
: Do any of you have some insight to add on to this? As I always say, please
: feel free to argue against any of this. This is, after all, just a fans
: ideas:)

Just for the sake of argument, I'm going to call it a typo. But, as I said before, I hope you're right on this. For one thing, it'll prove something I theorized. For another, I can rub it in with Saint =)

So, just for argument's sake, I'm saying it's a coincidence or an error, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong about that.

: Thanks for reading,
: -Metatron (Eagle 117)

Thanks for posting,
-Ain Soph Aur (no former alias, future ones pending)

This is your mind...

Message Index

Replies:

Map Descriptions Reveal Two HalosMetatron 9/27/04 12:22 a.m.
     Nice find *NM*r3c0nxiii 9/27/04 12:48 a.m.
     Re: Map Descriptions Reveal Two HalosAin Soph Aur 9/27/04 1:20 a.m.
           Re: Map Descriptions Reveal Two HalosMetatron 9/27/04 1:28 a.m.
                 Re: Map Descriptions Reveal Two HalosAndrew Nagy 9/27/04 7:24 a.m.
                       Re: Map Descriptions Reveal Two HalosMetatron 9/27/04 9:30 a.m.
     Well done, sort of...gspawn 9/27/04 8:50 a.m.
           Re: Well done, sort of...Metatron 9/27/04 9:27 a.m.
                 Re: Well done, sort of...Louis Wu 9/27/04 10:55 a.m.
                       Re: Well done, sort of...Metatron 9/27/04 11:10 a.m.
                             Re: Well done, sort of...Sep7imus [subnova] 9/27/04 11:17 a.m.
                                   Re: Well done, sort of...Metatron 9/27/04 11:23 a.m.
                                         Re: Well done, sort of...Sep7imus [subnova] 9/27/04 11:32 a.m.
                                               Re: Well done, sort of...Metatron 9/27/04 11:48 a.m.
                                                     Re: Well done, sort of...Sep7imus [subnova] 9/27/04 11:56 a.m.
                                                           Re: Well done, sort of...Metatron 9/27/04 12:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Well done, sort of...Dan Chosich 9/27/04 12:29 p.m.
                                         Explain this, then:)Metatron 9/27/04 1:23 p.m.
                                               Re: Explain this, then:)Louis Wu 9/27/04 1:27 p.m.
                                                     Re: Explain this, then:)Metatron 9/27/04 1:38 p.m.
                                                           Re: Explain this, then:)mnemesis 9/27/04 2:35 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Explain this, then:)Metatron 9/27/04 3:03 p.m.
                                                                       AlsoMetatron 9/27/04 3:18 p.m.
                                                                             Re: AlsoLouis Wu 9/27/04 3:24 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: AlsoMetatron 9/27/04 3:43 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: AlsoLouis Wu 9/27/04 4:53 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: AlsoMetatron 9/27/04 5:16 p.m.
                                                                                                     Kudos to you Metatronmr_n00b 9/27/04 5:39 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Kudos to you MetatronMetatron 9/28/04 1:14 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: AlsoLouis Wu 9/27/04 6:23 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: AlsoMetatron 9/27/04 7:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Alsozugy 9/27/04 7:52 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: AlsoLouis Wu 9/27/04 8:38 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: AlsoMetatron 9/27/04 9:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Alsomr_n00b 9/27/04 9:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Alsomnemesis 9/27/04 10:30 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: AlsoMetatron 9/27/04 10:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: Yeesh!Sep7imus [subnova] 9/28/04 7:33 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Yeesh!Metatron 9/28/04 12:05 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Yeesh!Sep7imus [subnova] 9/28/04 12:32 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Yeesh!Ain Soph Aur 9/28/04 3:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Yeesh!Metatron 9/28/04 5:37 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Hum... Interesting?Metatron 9/28/04 6:20 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Yeesh!Sep7imus [subnova] 9/29/04 6:47 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: AlsoHalifax 9/30/04 4:50 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Also... AlsoMetatron 9/27/04 3:57 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Also... Alsozugy 9/27/04 4:24 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Also... AlsoAndrew Nagy 9/27/04 5:29 p.m.
     B.net's MP Maps Page LinkMetatron 9/27/04 11:19 a.m.
     About the Covenant...KiGlow 9/27/04 11:35 a.m.
           Re: About the Covenant...Metatron 9/27/04 11:41 a.m.
                 Re: About the Covenant...Beasty 9/27/04 11:44 a.m.
                 Re: About the Covenant...KiGlow 9/27/04 12:11 p.m.
     HALO vs HaloPsycoJoe 9/27/04 11:28 p.m.
           Re: HALO vs HaloMetatron 9/28/04 12:59 a.m.
                 Re: HALO vs HaloSep7imus [subnova] 9/29/04 6:51 a.m.
           Re: HALO vs HaloTmBwm740 9/29/04 4:52 p.m.
     Metatron's "work area"...tLove 9/28/04 7:53 p.m.
           Re: Metatron's "work area"...*IMG*Ain Soph Aur 9/28/04 8:52 p.m.
                 Re: Metatron's "work area"...*IMG*Metatron 9/28/04 9:54 p.m.
                       Re: Metatron's "work area"...*IMG*ApoX 9/29/04 11:59 a.m.
                             Re: Metatron's "work area"...*IMG*Metatron 9/29/04 12:23 p.m.
     Bungie does make mistakes *gasp!*tLove 9/29/04 8:36 p.m.
           Good find!Alex Cross 9/29/04 8:39 p.m.
                 Except...gspawn 9/29/04 9:07 p.m.
                       Re: Except...tLove 9/29/04 9:11 p.m.
                             Re: Except...cam 9/29/04 10:02 p.m.
           ALL the letters in that context are uppercase tho. *NM*"Can-ned Food" 9/29/04 9:53 p.m.
                 I'm with can-ney on this onemr_n00b 9/29/04 10:31 p.m.
                       Re: I'm with can-ney on this onetLove 9/30/04 2:37 p.m.
     I don't...17 9/30/04 8:59 a.m.
           Re: I like your interpretation *NM*thunderhawk555 9/30/04 9:27 a.m.
           Re: I don't...Ain Soph Aur 9/30/04 11:42 a.m.
           Yer Talkin' Baws :Phminn 9/30/04 3:49 p.m.
                 Re: Yer Talkin' Baws :P17 9/30/04 4:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.