Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

I have that beat
Posted By: Miguel Chavez <bs@bungie.org>Date: 4/27/04 11:22 p.m.

In Response To: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo) (rockslider)

: There's sort of a hidden minigame you can arrange in level 2 of Halo. I'm not
: sure how widely it's known, but I'm on a mission to get the word out to
: everyone who doesn't know about it, because frankly it gives the best
: combat in the entire game.

: Namely, in the rockslide area of level 2 you can get to fight all the enemy
: in one huge battle by triggering the first dropship, then leaving, then
: returning once all the dropships have landed. I call it the 'rockslide
: megabattle'. It's utterly wonderful, and hugely replayable. A typically
: battle is three to six minutes worth of intense combat (much more intense
: than most normal play), and at the end it's easy to start all over again.
: If you're skeptical, just do yourself a favour and find out. You could be
: battling among the rocks for the next few months.

: If you're a pistol fan like me, there's a particularly wonderful battle plan
: you can try, in which enemies are closing in across a plain from multiple
: angles. There's simply nothing like that in the normal game; you really
: must experience it.

: I've created a website especially to describe the battle (see link). All the
: detail is there, with a dose of grunty humour mixed in. You might also get
: something out of the other more general Halo sections (e.g. check out 'Fun
: and Challenges' for some new things to do).

: I'll be interested to hear from anyone about this. Some of you must have
: stumbled into the scenario by accident already? But I've not seen it
: described anywhere. Maybe some people found it but never quite realized
: the potential.

Nice site, well layed out and all that, truly, but if I can toot my small 2 inch horn, I publically announced something that tops that a few months back on this forum. It's basically the same scenario you describe, except for one crucial difference: get the marines to see you as an enemy as well. Then, not only do you have the Covies to worry about, but also a handful of sniping marines.

Typically, the way I accomplish this is by killing the marines right before I enter the boulder area. I think I need to only kill 2 or 3 and then they turn on me. At that point, I have to carefully enter the boulder area because they'll be looking to snipe me. I'm pretty sure I can also kill the marines from a different landing area and have the 'traitor' flag follow me to the boulders.

You and I have similar playing philosophies, as some of the folks here that have met me at LAN parties can attest. My xbox has some profiles that are perfectly frozen at certain 'high-anxiety' checkpoints, typically legendary and in the midst of an intense gunfight. I love to play them over and over again.

Again, great site!

- M

Bungie Sightings

Message Index

Replies:

Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)rockslider 4/27/04 7:25 p.m.
     Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Madda Cheeb [Freelancer] 4/27/04 7:35 p.m.
           I KILL YOU! *NM*Ross Mills [subnova] 4/27/04 7:37 p.m.
           Wtf man? *NMdizzy [subnova] 4/27/04 7:39 p.m.
           Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Dark Impaler 4/27/04 7:48 p.m.
                 Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Madda Cheeb [Freelancer] 4/27/04 7:50 p.m.
                       Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Shishka 4/27/04 8:05 p.m.
                             Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Madda Cheeb [Freelancer] 4/27/04 9:40 p.m.
                                   Shut upJakeDaGreat [cool dude] 4/27/04 9:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Shut upMadda Cheeb [Freelancer] 4/27/04 9:57 p.m.
                                               Re: Shut upJakeDaGreat [cool dude] 4/27/04 11:09 p.m.
                                                     Re: Shut upLouis Wu 4/28/04 11:02 a.m.
                                                           Re: Shut upJakeDaGreat [cool dude] 4/28/04 3:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)dizzy [subnova] 4/27/04 10:10 p.m.
                                         Don't even try the Caboose joke. *NM*Konrad 4/27/04 10:12 p.m.
                                               Re: Don't even try the Caboose joke.dizzy [subnova] 4/27/04 10:37 p.m.
                                                     I was talking to him Madda, not you Diz. *NM*Konrad 4/27/04 10:38 p.m.
                                                           Oooh. Sorry Kondude. *NM*dizzy [subnova] 4/28/04 2:39 p.m.
                                                     Re: Don't even try the Caboose joke.Madda Cheeb [Freelancer] 4/28/04 5:53 p.m.
                                                           You like sheep?CyberBob [subnova] 4/28/04 10:13 p.m.
                                                           So you hate Zeus.dizzy [subnova] 4/28/04 10:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Madda Cheeb [Freelancer] 4/27/04 10:16 p.m.
                                               Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Fork Me With A Spoon 4/28/04 8:27 p.m.
           Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Sniper16 4/27/04 8:01 p.m.
     I have that beatMiguel Chavez 4/27/04 11:22 p.m.
           Re: I have that beatXLNC 4/28/04 5:36 p.m.
           Re: I have that beatrockslider 4/29/04 5:58 p.m.
                 Re: I have that beatdeanero 4/29/04 7:05 p.m.
     Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)DiscipleN2k 4/28/04 12:14 p.m.
     Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)Awacar 4/28/04 2:06 p.m.
           Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)rockslider 4/28/04 7:43 p.m.
     Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)DocOctavius 4/28/04 2:17 p.m.
           Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)rockslider 4/28/04 7:56 p.m.
     Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo) *NM*PlasmaDragon 4/28/04 7:31 p.m.
           Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)PlasmaDragon 4/28/04 7:34 p.m.
                 Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)The Eternal Soldier 4/28/04 9:11 p.m.
                       Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)[Viperfish] 4/29/04 8:02 a.m.
                             Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)rockslider 4/29/04 6:09 p.m.
     Re: Rockslide megabattle (best combat in Halo)TablesandChairs4 5/10/04 2:18 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.