Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Banshee Master
Posted By: vector40 <foo@berkeleyhigh.org>Date: 3/12/04 6:52 p.m.

In Response To: Re: The Banshee Master (Ain Soph Aur)

This was an awe-inspiring post, but I'm worried that it might have gone over the heads of many readers. In an effort to bring its genius to a more accessible level, I offer an annotated version.

: The fact of the matter is, I will almost always shoot your ass down if I'm
: not too busy elsewhere.

Translation: I'm a tizite Halo player. This isn't really relevant, but I wanted to take this opportunity to mention it. Furthermore, I would like to subtly imply that Banshees are inferior tools, even though this attack is actually opposite to my main argument. It helps add to my general direction of "This stuff is Bad."

: It's just little whores who can't seem to figure
: out how to use a gun in a shooter game that piss me off.

Translation: I have now taken the term "shooter" (which defines a genre of game) and interpreted in a highly literal, incorrect sense, which fits my purposes well -- I will imagine that "shooter" means a game where shooting, and only shooting, takes place. This is also known as fallacy of logic by equivocation, as well as "begging the question" (assuming that, in fact, all vehicle-using opponents do so because they are unable to effectively utilize other facets of the game, without actually supplying any evidence, logic, or justification to support this statement -- as well as assuming that Halo is, in fact, a "shooter," a contentious point merely by the ambiguity of terminology in gaming genres).

: People whose entire style is to get in a car or plane and run people over.

Translation: I will now rehash the above.

: People who'll get 20 kills in the Warthog and then won't get 5 the next game
: because they can't do anything else.

Translation: I will now re-rehash the above. I am aware of the fact that my argument is not becoming any less specious with age, but perhaps if I appeal strongly enough to my readers' own prejudices and frustrations, nobody will notice.

: People like that, like you describe yourself, are cheap whores.

Translation: I will now insert insults, not to help my point, but to create a meaningless air of hostility which reflects my displeasure. I might have said "assholes," "fat heads," "poop brains," or "regurgitoids," but have chosen "cheap whores" arbitrarily; since its literal meaning clearly has no bearing here, and I have made no attempt to describe or justify a secondary definition, I have accomplished nothing. But again, maybe with enough vitriol, I can distract everyone from this fairly glaring hole. I would make a good riot inciter.

: By all means use vehicles, just don't think
: that you're anywhere near good just because I'm too busy cleaning house on
: ground level to bring you down and don't think it's a fluke when I get a
: little spare time and you lose your banshee.

Translation: I will now rehash not only my original point of "I"m awesome and universally better than you," but also that of "Banshees, in general, suck, even in the sense that they are ineffective, EVEN THOUGH this is again contradictory to my original point, that Banshees are unbalanced and require too little skill to use." I will combine these two points to forge a new, doubly invalid argument, which states: "Banshees suck, and so, automatically, does everybody who uses them. You will, however, do well in the game when you use them. This apparent paradox is explained by the fact that whenever you kill someone, I was obviously too busy with other matters to attend to you. Essentially, you are only beating me by multitasking better. Somehow, even if you win in this way, it's not really 'winning,' because I was intentionally making life harder for myself by hanging around on foot. Halo is flawed because it does not award me style points."

: I'm not saying vehicles are always cheap, just the people who can't figure out
: how to win any other way.

Translation: Fully aware that my argument is paper-thin, I will conclude by re-re-rehashing my original, baseless, contradictory thesis.

Hope this helps!

vector

Message Index

Replies:

The Banshee MasterKillR 2/19/04 3:11 p.m.
     Banshee Master? More like Banshee whore. *NM*Cullen 2/19/04 3:22 p.m.
           Yeah. Glad I wasn't in that server. . . *NM*Hawk7886 2/19/04 4:29 p.m.
                 People bitch about anything.Konrad9 2/19/04 4:32 p.m.
                       Re: People bitch about anything.Hawk7886 2/19/04 5:12 p.m.
                       Re: People bitch about anything.Lone_Sniper_SG 3/11/04 9:29 p.m.
                             Re: People bitch about anything.why isnt my hitman47 name working???? 3/11/04 9:40 p.m.
                                   Re: People bitch about anything.why isnt my hitman47 name working???? 3/11/04 9:41 p.m.
                                         Re: People bitch about anything.Lone_Sniper_SG 3/11/04 9:58 p.m.
                                   Re: People bitch about anything.r3c0nxiii 3/12/04 12:33 a.m.
     Re: The Banshee MasterK-man 2/19/04 3:33 p.m.
           Re: The Banshee MasterEpitameofjudgement aka DJ aka (TRC)Raptor 2/19/04 4:10 p.m.
     Re: The Banshee MasterSturmgewehr-58 2/19/04 5:34 p.m.
     *golf clap* *pause* *throws tomatoes* *NM*Ducain 2/19/04 7:25 p.m.
     Re: The Banshee Mastervector40 2/22/04 5:58 a.m.
           Re: The Banshee MasterKillR 3/11/04 9:17 p.m.
                 Re: The Banshee Mastervector40 3/12/04 12:18 a.m.
           Re: The Banshee MasterAin Soph Aur 3/11/04 9:54 p.m.
                 Re: The Banshee MasterLone_Sniper_SG 3/11/04 10:04 p.m.
                       Re: The Banshee MasterAin Soph Aur 3/11/04 10:21 p.m.
                             Re: The Banshee MasterLone_Sniper_SG 3/12/04 7:54 p.m.
                 Re: The Banshee Mastervector40 3/12/04 12:17 a.m.
                       Re: The Banshee MasterAin Soph Aur 3/12/04 3:32 a.m.
                             Re: The Banshee Mastervector40 3/12/04 6:52 p.m.
                                   Re: The Banshee MasterLone_Sniper_SG 3/12/04 8:05 p.m.
                                         Re: The Banshee MasterKillR 3/12/04 8:15 p.m.
                                               Re: The Banshee Mastervector40 3/12/04 9:12 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.