Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Roanoke?
Posted By: chevanDate: 12/7/03 8:26 p.m.

I think this is new, but not sure. I've been watching long enough to know to do a search first, so I did. I searched for Roanoke, Croatoan, settler, colonists, and John White, with the part checked to 'any of the keywords'. I searched both the current forum and the archive search with the same keywords, and of what I got, unless it was under an inconspicuous name, there wasn't anything of what I was looking for. And, this is assuming my History textbook is accurate. Okay, here goes.

Anyone remember the story of Roanoke? How they all were missing? Well, there's some correlations between that and Halo.

In 1587, John White traveled to Roanoke, an island off the coast of present day North Carolina, to resettle the colony. When supplies ran low, he left for England, leaving behind 117 colonists. Several years later, he returned to find them all missing.

The similarities are clear(at least to me.) John White, John in Halo. MC is number 117, 117 colonists. All the colonists are missing, all the marins died.

If this is old news, feel free to flame me. There's nothing I could do to stop you anyway.

Message Index

Replies:

Roanoke?chevan 12/7/03 8:26 p.m.
     Re: Roanoke?thunderhawk555 12/7/03 8:33 p.m.
           here we go...gspawn 12/7/03 8:45 p.m.
                 Re: here we go...dogchow33 12/7/03 9:08 p.m.
                 Re: here we go...Smegma 12/8/03 5:24 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.