Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Beta Tester Releases Movie to the Public
Posted By: Evergreen98 <evergreen98@the-junkyard.net>Date: 8/27/03 11:26 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Beta Tester Releases Movie to the Public (Dan Chosich)

: I took it down and I fixed some of the stuff that I didn't like, the
: soundtrack was a little crackly at times. I could make up a bullshit story
: making me sound clean in this but it was really my fault that it went
: public again. I wasn't thinking straight. Atleast I'm being honest.

: I recompressed it though and made it much smaller so it's widely accessable.
: the-Junkyard said the sizes were fine and all is well. : )

Yeah, they're fine, as long as not too many people hit it. It's already starting to make an impact on the bandwidth situation, so PLEASE download the smaller WMV7 version if you can play it. Anyone else interested in mirroring the file, please come forward; it's some awesome footage and it'd be a shame if it needed to be pulled for bandwidth reasons.

Also, people could consider donating to The Junkyard or considering a web hosting solution by Future Point. Any of the above solutions would really help us out, considering this month, by far, the most popular file was Halo50K Framework Redux, which in itself is not the smallest Halo video around.

In any event, Dan, great job with the movie; I'd like to see more of them once bandwidth usage returns to something acceptable.

The Junkyard: Online Gaming with Style.

Message Index

Replies:

Beta Tester Releases Movie to the PublicCobaltNova 8/27/03 3:55 a.m.
     Re: Beta Tester Releases Movie to the PublicGrimal 8/27/03 5:01 a.m.
     Re: Beta Tester Releases Movie to the PublicLouis Wu 8/27/03 9:31 a.m.
           Re: Beta Tester Releases Movie to the PublicCYBRFRK 8/27/03 10:45 a.m.
                 Re: Beta Tester Releases Movie to the PublicCYBRFRK 8/27/03 10:47 a.m.
                       You were also speaking many times. *NM*Ross Mills 8/27/03 11:26 a.m.
                             Re: I only saw "You killed CYBRFRK" =P *NM*Grimal 8/27/03 11:36 a.m.
           Re: Beta :snagged, it kicks Bootay :) nmvshields ash 8/27/03 11:22 a.m.
           Re: Beta Tester Releases Movie to the PublicDan Chosich 8/27/03 5:55 p.m.
                 Re: Beta Tester Releases Movie to the PublicEvergreen98 8/27/03 11:26 p.m.
     We want More! *NM*Silvergrunt 8/27/03 10:50 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.