Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***
Posted By: Elan SleazbaganoDate: 8/7/03 6:22 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS *** (Miguel Chavez)

: I saw DMan's rant on the 50k2 board. I can understand his frustration. (I
: haven't read the thread in a few days, I wonder how it's looking now)

: In my mind, no one has really made the ultimate Halo tournament, but that of
: course is my own opinion. If you told folks there would be maps with no
: pistols I'm sure many of them would consider it lame. Ah well.

: - M

I saw his post as well(after he had posted it), and he didn't fully explain what he meant as best as he could of. I was going to help him write a better response, but I figured its not even worth it with the kind of people over there.

It was going to include this at some point:
What he didn't really explain was the fact that maps/gametypes that didn't start with the pistol were almost always changed to start with the pistol. If you know a lot of players rely on the pistol as much as they do, why change things to cater to them even more? Why not try to keep the playing field a little more level.

But it's not as simple as that of course, as 10 second respawn is also a problem as it gives too much power to kills, and therefore takes away from the strategy involved. Why have to defend the hill from a constant onslaught when I can just blow the guy away and he'll be gone for 10 seconds. Use strategy to get away with the flag? Why? I can just send one guy in their with a rocket launcher and be in the clear. Etc, etc.

Of course, I understand it's their tournament and they can do whatever the hell they want, I'm just saying.

I'd rather not go into it fully, but I'll add a little more. I think DmAn was frustrated by the fact that we went to a tournament (to compete, but not win), and did extremely well in our pool play (BA CTF, which has no pistols anywhere), against OpN (amongst others), who happened to have the same pool play selection as us (they had Nav Points on and the flag didn't have to be home to score -only differences).

We beat them easily (3-0, 3-1 [they scored with the extremely cheap rocket the flag across the level move]), yet they killed us on BC TS [50-19](it was part of a 3 way tie breaker for 1st in the pool play round). OpN placed 3rd overall. 3rd?!!?!?!!?

I think that was a big part of his frustration -add in the fact that OpN are a bunch of assholes [see their posts for some proof], and you've got a mix for a rant that should have been explained a little better.

Ok... that went on for longer then I intended. :)

ES<---

Message Index

Replies:

Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***guy who doesn't post....too often 8/5/03 9:13 p.m.
     SweetToby Dillman 8/5/03 9:25 p.m.
           Re: SweetLion 8/5/03 9:53 p.m.
                 Thats cool. *NM*AJ Mendoza 8/6/03 12:03 a.m.
                       Awesome!Break Point 8/6/03 12:15 a.m.
     Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Konrad9 8/6/03 1:48 a.m.
           Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***dogchow33 8/6/03 2:07 a.m.
                 Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Hawk7886 8/6/03 3:06 a.m.
                 Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Konrad9 8/6/03 3:45 a.m.
           Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***nof 8/6/03 11:49 a.m.
                 Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Al_Coholic 8/6/03 2:03 p.m.
                       did you read the text?guy who doesn't post....too often 8/6/03 2:54 p.m.
                             Re: did you read the text?Al_Coholic 8/6/03 6:13 p.m.
     Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Mainevent 8/6/03 4:15 p.m.
           Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Sarah 8/6/03 4:18 p.m.
     Man I wish I could've been there *NM* *NM*Sarah 8/6/03 4:16 p.m.
           Not only did it have 343 it had JenkinTown,Wierd! *NM*AJ Mendoza 8/6/03 4:30 p.m.
                 Re: Not only did it have 343 it had JenkinTown,WieAJ Mendoza 8/6/03 4:31 p.m.
                       God, weird or what!! *NM* *NM*Sarah 8/7/03 11:30 a.m.
     Holy crap, that's amazing, why you diss Korhal?The n00b 8/6/03 7:15 p.m.
     Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Elan Sleazbagano 8/6/03 11:02 p.m.
           Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Louis Wu 8/7/03 5:04 a.m.
           Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Miguel Chavez 8/7/03 10:51 a.m.
                 Re: Halo50K2 Write-Up ***MANY PICS ***Elan Sleazbagano 8/7/03 6:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.