Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

What's happened to our beloved Bungie??
Posted By: Jägermeister <kablam@edmail.com>Date: 11/18/99 2:24 p.m.

In Response To: Re: that "new" movie from pc action (Christian Mueller)

> Hello there,

> just a few "official" words to correct all the rumors.
> The german pc games mag PC Action got an invitation by Bungie
> and Take 2 (german distributor) to take part in a press preview
> of Halo and Oni. During this event our editors took around 30
> minutes of videofootage, which has been edited to a 5 minutes
> mpg of both games. We even interviewed Peter Tamte, VP of
> Publishing at Bungie in this video. Since mid november this mpg
> is available with the cover cds of PC Action throughout Europe.
> In no case this is an illegaly taken or distributed movie. We
> just arranged with Bungie not to spread its content through the
> web. For all US residents just let me say keep your eyes open
> for the december issue incite PC Games mag. Our colleagues there
> had there own trip to Chicago and will feature a full Halo movie
> on their cover cd.

Well Christian, thanks for the info. It's good to know people directly involved in things read this forum (and not just the bungie forum regs).

But...

First off, am I to understand that the PC Action and PC Games movies are two different movies? If so, then because of no web distribution, we Americans aren't going to get to see the PC Action movie EVER, and the Europeans won't get to see the American movie? That doesn't really seem fair to either party...
...anyway, I think this whole limit on web distribution sucks...it's not like the game isn't FARTHER into developement than it used to be (this is why bungie didn't want the first oni movie distributed). It forces people to buy a mag for ONE article in it (this being a PC mag, I doubt there will be anything else in it we Mac users will find worth buying), and cuts those who DON'T buy it out of the loop.

What gives? This is NOT standard Bungie-like behaviour...is THIS the effect Take 2 is having on them? Woe is me, I hope not!

I sure hope Bungie doesn't get worse and lose my trust. Otherwise, the only game company LEFT for me to trust will be Ambrosia (and I'll never be able to be 100% sure again).
(: Jägermeister :)

Message Index

Replies:

that "new" movie from pc actionandz 11/18/99 3:10 a.m.
     Re: that "new" movie from pc actionWirehead 11/18/99 7:12 a.m.
           Re: that "new" movie from pc actionChristian Mueller 11/18/99 8:19 a.m.
                 Re: that "new" movie from pc actionWirehead 11/18/99 10:30 a.m.
                 What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Jägermeister 11/18/99 2:24 p.m.
                       There's always Pangea...(NT)septimus 11/18/99 2:54 p.m.
                             ...in a perfect worldJägermeister 11/18/99 10:55 p.m.
                                   Re: ...in a perfect world... ARE YOU SURE?HuntedMunkie 11/21/99 2:12 p.m.
                                         Re: ...in a perfect world... ARE YOU SURE?Jägermeister 11/21/99 7:30 p.m.
                       Instant GratificationButcher 11/18/99 3:12 p.m.
                       Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Giule 11/18/99 3:48 p.m.
                       Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Loren Petrich 11/18/99 6:09 p.m.
                       Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Christian Mueller 11/19/99 2:43 a.m.
                             Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??2BKing 11/19/99 6:40 a.m.
                                   Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Doug Zartman 11/22/99 5:37 p.m.
                                         No misunderstanding!CyberBob 11/23/99 7:31 a.m.
                                               Re: No misunderstanding!Id 11/23/99 9:48 a.m.
                                                     I do work for them :PCyberBob 11/25/99 4:54 a.m.
                                         Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Ostbye 11/23/99 10:33 a.m.
                                         Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Squonkamatic 11/23/99 12:50 p.m.
                             Re: What's happened to our beloved Bungie??Jägermeister 11/19/99 1:22 p.m.
                 No Joy in Mudville...Louis Wu 11/18/99 7:30 p.m.
                       Re: No Joy in Mudville...Mage 11/18/99 7:48 p.m.
                       DittoNoctavis =PN= 11/19/99 12:57 a.m.
                       Re: No Joy in Mudville...Christian Mueller 11/19/99 2:36 a.m.
                             Re: No Joy in Mudville...Louis Wu 11/19/99 8:04 a.m.
     PC Action?!Daniel (Bungie Fan) 11/21/99 6:27 p.m.
           Dan, relax, it's all good.Freewill 11/22/99 6:37 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.