Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)
Posted By: 174 <agd12@columbia.edu>Date: 7/4/99 11:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?) (Jägermeister)

> The one constant of the universe is that matter cannot be
> created (though it can supposedly be destroyed through the use
> of Black Holes) under ANY circumstances. Therefore, for the

I thought I'd already corrected you on this. Black holes don't destroy anything (except possible information). The "constant" you're thinking of (and it's one among many) is the total amount of *matter and energy* present in the universe. They're interchangeable. A matter-antimatter reaction destroys matter by converting it entirely into energy; conversely, high-energy photons spontaneously decay into particle-antiparticle (typically electron-positron) pairs. Furthermore, if, as many theories suggest, the three spatial dimensions and the one temporal dimension are merely different manifestations of the same thing, it would be entirely possible to be transported back in time to a time where you already existed--from the universe's point of view, you would merely be moving from one place to another, traveling in time as well as space. But then, I got a C- in physics this term, so don't take my word for it. Go ask Loren, he knows everything.

=
=

Message Index

Replies:

Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mitch 6/30/99 11:01 a.m.
     Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 6/30/99 12:49 p.m.
           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)liquidlight 6/30/99 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 6/30/99 4:53 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 6/30/99 7:30 p.m.
                             Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 6/30/99 11:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Hippieman 7/1/99 12:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Abhaya Hess 7/1/99 12:31 p.m.
                                               That little dangly bit at the end.Forensic 7/6/99 8:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: That little dangly bit at the end.Gawyn 7/6/99 10:53 a.m.
                                                           Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Forensic 7/7/99 9:28 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/7/99 10:12 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Mark Levin 7/7/99 11:02 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/7/99 6:49 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Callabad 7/7/99 9:22 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/8/99 4:57 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.liquidlight 7/8/99 3:18 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Callabad 7/8/99 7:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/2/99 11:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 7/1/99 8:44 a.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/2/99 11:41 p.m.
                                               Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)174 7/4/99 11:29 p.m.
                                                     Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Dustin Westphal 7/5/99 12:51 a.m.
                                                           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/5/99 1:50 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Dustin Westphal 7/5/99 2:58 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/6/99 6:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)174 7/6/99 11:08 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/7/99 12:47 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Gawyn 7/7/99 7:00 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Gawyn 7/7/99 6:57 p.m.
           relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 11:48 a.m.
                 Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionGawyn 7/1/99 11:52 a.m.
                       Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 11:58 a.m.
                             Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionjohn zero 7/1/99 3:15 p.m.
                                   Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionAbhaya Hess 7/1/99 4:53 p.m.
                                         Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 5:36 p.m.
                                               Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionGawyn 7/2/99 4:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/2/99 9:34 a.m.
                                                           Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionAbhaya Hess 7/2/99 9:45 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.