Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)
Posted By: Jägermeister <kablam@edmail.com>Date: 7/2/99 11:41 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?) (Mark Levin)

> Excellent point, however, we don't know just how far back in
> time the Marine went when he finally got it right. The final
> timeline in MI ends with the sun being wrapped in containment
> fields, but it *has* gone nova, corresponding with the end of
> M2. And the beginning timeline (Ne Cede Malis) and end timeline
> (By Committee --> Aye Mak Sicur) of MI also correspond, and
> if we assume that MI initially takes place immediately after M2.
> Also, it's possible that the Marine never actually leaves the
> same continuum and ends up being in 2 places at once. So Tycho
> is destroyed by Durandal in the final timeline.

I thought the marine got sent clear back in time to the time DIRECTLY after the pfhor captured the Marathon and destroyed the Tau Ceti colony.

And wasn't Tycho around during the whole game of infinity, all the way till the end?

Anyway, that two places at once theory can be quickly disproven with simple physics. Here's how:

The one constant of the universe is that matter cannot be created (though it can supposedly be destroyed through the use of Black Holes) under ANY circumstances. Therefore, for the marine to travel back in time AND remain in the same universe, some other packet of matter with equal density would have to disappear. Therefore, it is most likely that ANYONE time-travling, including the marine, would ALSO end up going into another reality/continuum/universe (well, MULTIVERSE)...

(: Jägermeister :)

Message Index

Replies:

Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mitch 6/30/99 11:01 a.m.
     Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 6/30/99 12:49 p.m.
           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)liquidlight 6/30/99 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 6/30/99 4:53 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 6/30/99 7:30 p.m.
                             Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 6/30/99 11:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Hippieman 7/1/99 12:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Abhaya Hess 7/1/99 12:31 p.m.
                                               That little dangly bit at the end.Forensic 7/6/99 8:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: That little dangly bit at the end.Gawyn 7/6/99 10:53 a.m.
                                                           Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Forensic 7/7/99 9:28 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/7/99 10:12 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Mark Levin 7/7/99 11:02 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/7/99 6:49 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Callabad 7/7/99 9:22 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/8/99 4:57 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.liquidlight 7/8/99 3:18 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Callabad 7/8/99 7:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/2/99 11:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 7/1/99 8:44 a.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/2/99 11:41 p.m.
                                               Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)174 7/4/99 11:29 p.m.
                                                     Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Dustin Westphal 7/5/99 12:51 a.m.
                                                           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/5/99 1:50 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Dustin Westphal 7/5/99 2:58 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/6/99 6:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)174 7/6/99 11:08 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/7/99 12:47 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Gawyn 7/7/99 7:00 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Gawyn 7/7/99 6:57 p.m.
           relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 11:48 a.m.
                 Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionGawyn 7/1/99 11:52 a.m.
                       Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 11:58 a.m.
                             Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionjohn zero 7/1/99 3:15 p.m.
                                   Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionAbhaya Hess 7/1/99 4:53 p.m.
                                         Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 5:36 p.m.
                                               Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionGawyn 7/2/99 4:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/2/99 9:34 a.m.
                                                           Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionAbhaya Hess 7/2/99 9:45 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.