Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)
Posted By: Mark Levin <mglevin@uiuc.edu>Date: 7/1/99 8:44 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?) (Jägermeister)

> Yeah, but I was saying "it couldn't be Leela BEFORE
> rampancy, and I doubt her usual tone would change before she
> went rampant.

Agreement here.

> Ahhh, but you forget, THAT was in the alternate "M2
> Universe," the one that was changed due to Durandal and you
> (the marine) screwing around with different realities. I don't
> remember Tycho being destroyed in the "correct" ending
> universe in infinity.

Excellent point, however, we don't know just how far back in time the Marine went when he finally got it right. The final timeline in MI ends with the sun being wrapped in containment fields, but it *has* gone nova, corresponding with the end of M2. And the beginning timeline (Ne Cede Malis) and end timeline (By Committee --> Aye Mak Sicur) of MI also correspond, and if we assume that MI initially takes place immediately after M2. Also, it's possible that the Marine never actually leaves the same continuum and ends up being in 2 places at once. So Tycho is destroyed by Durandal in the final timeline.

> Marine, perhaps?

> Hmm, well that's what I thought, unless the people who made mark
> IV cyborgs figured out a way to engineer out things like
> conscience (since the marine has a computer-chip brain, I guess
> that's very possible)

The Marine has an organic brain, Durandal keeps talking about neurons in M1 and Tycho mocks our "soggy little skull".

Message Index

Replies:

Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mitch 6/30/99 11:01 a.m.
     Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 6/30/99 12:49 p.m.
           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)liquidlight 6/30/99 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 6/30/99 4:53 p.m.
                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 6/30/99 7:30 p.m.
                             Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 6/30/99 11:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Hippieman 7/1/99 12:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Abhaya Hess 7/1/99 12:31 p.m.
                                               That little dangly bit at the end.Forensic 7/6/99 8:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: That little dangly bit at the end.Gawyn 7/6/99 10:53 a.m.
                                                           Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Forensic 7/7/99 9:28 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/7/99 10:12 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Mark Levin 7/7/99 11:02 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/7/99 6:49 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Callabad 7/7/99 9:22 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Gawyn 7/8/99 4:57 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.liquidlight 7/8/99 3:18 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Don't you nit-pick with ME sonny boy.Callabad 7/8/99 7:08 p.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/2/99 11:29 p.m.
                                   Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Mark Levin 7/1/99 8:44 a.m.
                                         Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/2/99 11:41 p.m.
                                               Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)174 7/4/99 11:29 p.m.
                                                     Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Dustin Westphal 7/5/99 12:51 a.m.
                                                           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/5/99 1:50 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Dustin Westphal 7/5/99 2:58 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/6/99 6:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)174 7/6/99 11:08 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Jägermeister 7/7/99 12:47 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Gawyn 7/7/99 7:00 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Cortana speaks! (I think?)Gawyn 7/7/99 6:57 p.m.
           relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 11:48 a.m.
                 Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionGawyn 7/1/99 11:52 a.m.
                       Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 11:58 a.m.
                             Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionjohn zero 7/1/99 3:15 p.m.
                                   Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionAbhaya Hess 7/1/99 4:53 p.m.
                                         Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/1/99 5:36 p.m.
                                               Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionGawyn 7/2/99 4:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionMitch 7/2/99 9:34 a.m.
                                                           Re: relay.arecibo.nasa.gov connectionAbhaya Hess 7/2/99 9:45 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.