Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: More on the Covenant Logo
Posted By: Xzzy <sether@jsv.qwest.net>Date: 10/7/99 12:21 a.m.

In Response To: More on the Covenant Logo (Louis Wu)

> The
> image on the second concept drawing is clearly (well, in the
> original it's clear) the Halo "O", and it can be seen
> again in its fuzzy form in the screenshot directly below the
> concept drawing. Comments?

While it's possible concept drawings DID have the Halo 'O,' I really don't think that's what it is. I did some poking around of it today myself (didn't know Joshua Inglima had already done the work), and pretty much came up with exactly what he did.

The way it's shaped, I almost don't wonder if the smaller blobs inside the circle are text.. they're the only blocky shapes on the logo, though the resolution available doesn't permit seeing anything more than a small rectangle.

Given that NO shots I can see show the upper right segment of the logo in full detail, I also figured that either the logo fades out there, or it /always/ suffers from bad lighting. :)

I haven't quite made the jump to naming it a stylized ship, but I /have/ decided it's not the Halo 'O'. :)

My interpretations of what's visible don't mesh exactly with what everyone else has done, but it's close enough, so I'll avoid posting my own images. ;)

Message Index

Replies:

More on the Covenant LogoLouis Wu 10/7/99 12:08 a.m.
     Re: More on the Covenant LogoXzzy 10/7/99 12:21 a.m.
     Re: More on the Covenant LogoNick 10/8/99 3:38 a.m.
           I'm sorry, that's just a stupid post. (NT)Mark Levin 10/8/99 11:06 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.