Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Short Bungie Blurbs in NextGen
Posted By: Stryker <stryker9@hotmail.com>Date: 6/8/00 7:36 p.m.

Wow, it's been a long time since my last post, so I figured I make this a good one :)

With all the PCGamer UK news flying around, and since I don't have access to an issue, I began browsing through my latest issue of NextGen Magazine (Volume 2, #7). I was looking at their E3 coverage, and was dissapointed that Halo didn't even make their top 10 :( However, there was a quick blurb on Halo on a following page (page 19). Here it is:

Bungling Bungie:
The smarty-pants developer behind Halo and Oni planned to announce a third title at E3, but then changed its mind and opted not to. Still, Next Generation learned that the game would be a fantasy-based siege warfare title that featured both realtime and turn-based gameplay. The cool part? It will be built on the Halo engine.

Afterwards, I found this quick Oni caption on page 61:

Oni (caption inside image):
Oni focusues heavily on using hand-to-hand techniques to dispatch your enemies, though you'll also have access to firearms.

Oni (text beneath image):
Despite the fact that Bungie's anime-inspired third-person adventure has yet to appear on PC, the title is well into development for PlayStation2. The player takes the role of a futuristic peacekeeper who uncovers a conspiracy while investigating tech-centric crimes.

Not the best information, but I figured it would be worth telling everyone about it!

Stryker
http://halohq.haloplayers.net - Online June 15th, 2000

Message Index

Replies:

Short Bungie Blurbs in NextGenStryker 6/8/00 7:36 p.m.
     Re: Short Bungie Blurbs in NextGenARMAGEDDON 6/8/00 10:15 p.m.
     Re: Short Bungie Blurbs in NextGenDan Rudolph 6/9/00 12:10 a.m.
           Re: Short Bungie Blurbs in NextGenSiliconDream =PN= 6/9/00 1:08 a.m.
     here's what I am thinking...Billiam 6/9/00 10:05 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.