| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

...but what does it mean?

Posted By: Mav <web_tester226@yahoo.com>
Date: 4 June 2001, 16:41

In Response To: Glyph 7 is solved... (Miguel)

After looking at the Mayan numbers link for myself, I completely agree that it's probably 74...though the spacing of the 4 dots on top of the two bars is oddly different from that on the Mayan numbers page (on that page they're equally spaced, as opposed to here) I'm not exactly sure what to make of a "74" in the middle of the dial, though. So...I don't think we've reached a solution yet ; ).

I also remember hearing in some previous posts (correct me if I'm wrong) that this whole puzzle is at least largely based on numbers. If so, the numbers encircling the inner rim of each dial can't mean nothing ; ).

Maybe this got buried in the lower thread, so I'll say it again: I looked at the dial a little more closely earlier today and found that the numbers 36, 24, 3 and 11 within the dial added up to 11. I also found the "symmetry" of the numbers interesting (use a slightly tilted line of reflection).

Shade, is his response to my message somewhere down the thread, also remarked that the 74, added to the sum of the numbers in dial #7, adds up to 365! (see http://forums.bungie.org/fanfest/fanfest.pl?read=828) That's interesting too ; ). Shade also pointed to the leftover numbers, which he expressed as 18-97 and 19-83. Following up on that, that could be dates too: 1897 and 1983 (or 1883 and 1987 or whatever...). Anything important happen around then? ; )

--Mav

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.