| Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Missing numbers (again)

Posted By: Paradigm <eb@rochester.rr.com>
Date: 19 June 2001, 20:47

My supervisor at work got mad at me today because I was working on this instead of what I was suppose to do.

But here goes:

There have been clues about missing numbers and clocks that tick strangely. So, what if these dials did represent clocks. That would mean that there are 8 missing numbers on each dial. Obviously, the 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock position are ok, but the in-between numbers aren't (ie on G1, the 19 would be positioned between the 1 and 2 o'clock position.) Could these missing spots on the clock be the missing numbers?

So, what I did (and sorry about not showing the drawing I have, I'm not the web savy) I took the absolute difference between the numbers (ie G1 -> 37-19=18 => the 1 o'clock position.) And I did get a sort of pattern. On every glyph there were atleast one matching pair of numbers.

Matching pairs: (unless my math is bad)

G1: 4
G2: 67
G3: 6,7,22
G4: 13,37
G5: 9,22,47
G6: 15,66
G7: 18

What to do next? Maybe I'll have time to work on them at work tomorrow. the other thought I had was what that the tic-tac-toe board was "wrapped" around three boards, what if the alphabet was too? 67 could equal 15 which equals "O".

But does this seem more complicated then it needs to be?

Nate

| Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.