Posted By: SlaveDawg
Date: 19 June 2001, 10:46

In Response To: Campanology (chthonic)

> Trying to think of other things that might sit at
> the top of towers/citadels and have to do with clocks,
> I thought of bells.
> eg:
> http://www.stoke-poges.com/HTML/bells03b.htm

Dowcow and I had mentioned this earlier in another post. We brainstormed and came up with the Big Ben in London. Big Ben refers to the bell and not the tower. The tower sits at the Parliment building, which is like a citadel or fortress. It also rings four times each hour, and has four clock faces. Also, london is known for its pigeons (birds, but I don't know about calling), it is also beyond the shores. I dont' know if any of that has any relevence, but since you mentioned bell, I figured that I better make mention of my thought as well.

I have also been considering the rusted anticyclone thing. An anticyclone spins in a clockwise direction in the northern hemisphere, therefore, the obvious answer lies in a something that is rusted and spins clockwise. Could it be a doorknob (They stopped before the citadel's towering, almost monolithic stone doors, where the villagers stood completely still - Chelsea in A RIVER OF ADVENT post), or another clock that no longer works?

Also, she keeps mentioning the birds calling, but in another post (A RIVER OF ADVENT) she mentions that the "light inside the citadel was calling out to them." Is there some link between the birds and the light inside the citadel? Also, she mentions that that "high in the spire, lay end of story" and then in another post she mentions the light in the citadel, so there may be a link between the light and the answer.

Now, what any of this has to do with figuring out the numbers on the glyps I am not sure. I have been looking for patterns that somehow reflect in the clues. But I am still looking, with no solid results that turn up anything.

SlaveDawg

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.