| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

a 3D puzzle?

Posted By: DT76 <Deep_Thought76@hotmail.com>
Date: 15 June 2001, 17:07

I was reading some of the posts in here, particularly Shepmaster's visually linked clocks diagram, and mnemesis' dial connections diagram. One thing I noticed- as ppl were saying, the first diagram does look kind of like a cube. Specifically, 7 points in space can determine 3 faces of a cube, and the connections between the dials can be arranged like that. ex-
2 - 5
\ \
|4 - 3
7| |
1 - 6
It reminds me of 2 earlier clues- "Perhaps I'll play some tic-tac-toe later, for a logic field trip.." … "I could always play three games at once. I like threes _and_ challenges.)"
"Seven steps down, in a building, I found three rooms."
The biggest problem is that one connection is always out of those 3 planes (in this case, the one between 5 & 6). Also, there's no way to tell which of the possible arrangements is the correct one.
Putting numbers to the links, there are 18 total (discounting the 2nd 15 between #s 5 & 6). As if we needed more 3s, there are 3 'triangles' that can be seen, where the links around 3 nodes are all the same number (between #s 2-3-4, 3-4-5, and 1-3-6. The links themselves are 13, 22, and 20, respectively.)
This doesn't seem like it could be a coincidence, but whether it's of any use is anyone's guess.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.