| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

UPDATE - ANNOUNCEMENT - GATHERING

Posted By: Freewill - on the battlefield <bs@bungie.org>
Date: 9 August 2000, 10:26

Folks, I have to make this quick and too the point, since I'm posting from a client's machine. I'm sorry I let a bunch of you down re: updating the page. I've been extremely busy with work and RL issues. I think at this point, when I get a chance sometime tonite, I'll simply put up on the site what I've accomplished so far. I think I can blame writer's block, but I think you'll like it and hopefully I'll be able to get more up later. I met with Cannibal Harry from Pax Nimbus a few days ago and he handed over a 10gb drive chock full of video from the fest. I just need to sit down and edit the whole thing into bite-size chunks of goodness.

However, even though you may not have seen much activity here, that doesn't mean I haven't been doing some planning.

Here's the announcement, I'm arranging a 5 HOUR MYTH GATHERING IN SAN FRANCISCO for AUGUST 19th which is a Saturday. 4pm-9pm. However, this time it's being done without Bungie's financial support. That's cool, we're big boys and should be able to take care of ourselves, aye? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to secure some goodies from Bungie though, for giveaways/raffles and such. Since we're paying for it, that means it can only happen if enough of you RSVP. I need to get a headcount by Tuesday of next week. That's Aug 15th. I think a $7 cover charge is fair.

IF YOU'RE PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE RSVP BS@BUNGIE.ORG BY AUGUST 15TH!

The place we're meeting is where the last San Francisco gathering took place, http://www.clubi.com/ This a great spot, right near the Moscone Center and BART, and I hope we can continue to hold gatherings there. We will have 1/2 of the place to ourselves... that means 12 PC's and a bunch of tables where we can setup our own mini-lan. If someone can be good enough to bring a hub or two, we should be able to setup a cool Marathon LAN.

I have many Clan Plaid brothers from the East Bay area, so I hope to see many of you there! Heck, if enough of us show up, we can call it the CLAN PLAID SPONSORED MYTH GATHERING :)

A last minute thought is to try to arrange a quick tournament with the winner(s) getting some of the Bungie goodies.

So, let me know what you think!

- Free / Miguel

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.