| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Hmm, thoughts about the last two glyphs...

Posted By: Miguel <bs@bungie.org>
Date: 12 June 2001, 05:40

In Response To: Re: Question(s) for Chelsea or Claude (Claude Errera)

> There was a post yesterday that was SOOOOOO close to the solution of one
> of the two remaining glyphs... but its author just wasn't thinking...
> horizontally enough. And when Chelsea didn't respond, the entire line of
> reasoning was dropped - for the second time.

If it's about G1, I have some thoughts. I notice that the numbers on the top/bottom/left/right are all in some relation to one another. 24 is almost half of 50, 37 is almost half of 75. So all that halving makes me think of symmetry. The [+I shape is symmetrical! Someone mentioned a cross-section of construction beams. I was thinking of MagLev tracks! As a matter of fact, if you *held a mirror* horizontally on the upperhalf of the glyph, you'd see the bottom half of the figure perfectly.

Taking it a step further, one of the threads that has not been followed up on is the whole tic-tac-toe thread way down below. Since I don't think G5 has to do with TTT, it MUST be G1. So if we link that whole Masonic TTT cipher thing that TheMaz pointed to here could there be a solution there after all? Either it's the lower right quadrant I shape with a mirror held up half-way horizontally, which means what? 2 I's? Is that 9+9=18=T? Or is it literally "I I"? Or is it the 9th box halved, meaning 4.5? But what does THAT leave us?

Or is it one of the dotted right quadrants, when the mirror is held 'not quite half-way' on the horizontal? Giving us what looks kinda like an I? But then how do we know which of the dotted right quadrants it is? Hmm..

As for G5, here's a crazy thought: KNOTS! Could G5 be a drawing of Knot? I've tried looking for diagrams, but I can't find any at the moment that are comprehensive, and of course, after reading over 250 messages in one sitting, I'm a little pooped. The thinness of the 'string' at certain points simply suggest that the thread travels UNDERNEATH the section of string up above it.

http://yucc.yorku.ca/~mouse/knots/intro.html

http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/knotlink.htm

Well, that's it for now... maybe by the time I'm back here in a few hours, we'll have more solid leads.

- Miguel

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.