| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Banana Theory: Dial #5 = "K"

Posted By: Mav <web_tester226@yahoo.com>
Date: 11 June 2001, 19:31

No, I haven't gone nuts.

But I _have_ gone bananas! : ) : ) ; )

Don't stop reading yet! This is a serious attempt at solving the central glyph symbol for Glyph 5.

(Again, I think this is an original idea, being such a dim-witted one and all ; ), but if you came up with this theory before me, please post the link to your post on this forum in the unlikely event this turns out to be right! : P)

I've been searching through Google and lots of websites for...well...a few days now : P, and I haven't found anything that really _really_ resembles the G5 central symbol yet.

And then, a few posts ago, it hit me. But it took a little while longer for me to come up with a cohesive theory from this : ).

For fun, I queried to the crowd if the symbol could actually be: a banana peel? Naturally, no one thought anything of it, hehehe. I didn't seriously mean it at the time, either.

But the more I look at it, the more I think the symbol very well _could_ be a banana peel. It has a close enough shape, and we recently found out through the
efforts of The Forum Fanfest Glyph Enhancement Imaging Expert (sorry, can't remember who it was : P) that the curls on the "top" of the symbol don't
form a closed loop.

So, how to get from "banana peel" to "K"? Well, banana peels usually tend to contain bananas : P. And while bananas are nice, wholesome, nutritous fruits with
surely many vitamins and minerals and other good qualities, whenever I hear of them, I usually hear about them because of one particularly special nutrient that (apparently?) many other fruits seem to lack.

Bananas are a good source of potassium.

Potassium is also known as Vitamin "K."

I therefore postulate that G5 = "K."

Thoughts? : )

--Mav

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.