| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Re: G3=C?

Posted By: Bloodrain <bloodrain@clanplaid.net>
Date: 11 June 2001, 08:55

In Response To: Re: G3=C? (Chelsea Bridge)

> It was so simple. The little girl stood in the circle and pointed to her
> tiny little message until the very end. Everyone kept looking at her as
> though she were a complex algorithm, not seeing what was at the end of her
> petite finger. A letter in a number in a clock.

> All the time, so obvious she was transparent, they looked past her.

> And she just kept pointing.

> Truly,
> Chelsea

I can't tell if this means Steve was correct or not. "And she just kept pointing" could mean we haven't hit it. If Steve is correct, I am disturbed by the fact that this is the first of the "solved" glyphs to require the use of the outer ring of numbers. That seems inconsistent to me (not that Chelsea must be consistent, I suppose).

On the other hand, Chelsea responded, which she normally doesn't do unless we've hit it. The only other thing I can think of is that there might be a small error in the glyph, as there was with G6 (leaving out the A train), and this message is a hint to keep us from straying off a correct line of thought. The only small error I can think of that could be corrected by this hint would be that on a clock face, there is no number at exactly ESE -- the closest is the number 4, which is at 120 degrees. If ESE is meant to point to a number on a clock face, the closest is 4, so the corresponding letter is D.

So unless we are certain that Chelsea's message confirms G3=C, then in light of her message, I would have to say G3=D.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.