| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

G1=D?

Posted By: Smasher <RD007BOND@aol.com>
Date: 9 June 2001, 22:08

In Response To: old theories (TheMaz)

The following is Heady's post (the one TheMaz linked to), for convenience, reference, and for those of you too lazy to cut and paste the link:P.
Heady's post

I keep looking at the first dial, and I keep thinking I've seen that elsewhere, but I can't exactly remember, as if it were from an old dr... er, nevermind. Anyway, I've been toying with a vague concept regarding it. It's not related to any numerical system or language that I know of. It's by no means complete, but I thought I'd expose it to the massive analytical effort going on here and see how it develops.

Think of a tic tac toe-like, 9-square grid. Each square has a distinctive shape, and each could be associated with a number, in this fashion:

Grid

So in the first dial, the C would represent the number six. I'm at a loss to explain the I inside the C. If I is a roman One, then perhaps the dial represents the number 7 (6+1), but in this case why not just use the 7 in the tic-tac-toe grid (see above)?

Anyway, this is where my reasoning led me. Hope it sparks a discussion.

By the way, I'm truly sorry if someone has already brought up this theory. I didn't follow all the forums really closely, so I might have missed it.

-Heady
My ramblings

Referring to the image above (assuming and hoping it shows up), I think the letters are in order in the grid. In other words, section: 1=D,2=E,3=F,4=G,
5=H,6=I,7=J,8=K,9=L. Since this is glyph one, I'm guessing that the first section contains the correct letter, and that therefore the solution to G1 is D.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.