| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Coincidence?

Posted By: Phasoms! <ruadams@mediaone.net>
Date: 7 June 2001, 20:20

Last night before all this crazy business with Glyph 6, I came across something unusual as I was looking through maps of the New York Transit.

Now, while I haven't been an adamant follower/poster of these boards, I did manage to notice Chelsea's references to a subway terminal. I thought I'd compare the Glyphs to the New York Transit System to see if I could find any similarities.

I came across this. The subway service times immediately reminded me of the Glyphs (though the seventh, or at least one of them, is missing).

So I did a little experimenting. First I took the morning rush hour schedule and compared it to the first glyph. According to the schedule, the subway services in the morning during the hours of 6-9. Clockwise, this would match the numbers 75, 20, and 24 on the first Glyph, respectively.

The first thing I did with these numbers was a number to letter conversion, where A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, and so forth.

7 = G
5 = E
20 = T
24 = X

Get X? Immediately I thought "get xbox", but how would this make any sense in context to the puzzle? Wishful thoughts of what the prize may be, perhaps? =)

I continued this number to letter conversion pattern with the second schedule, but unfortunately it started spouting out jibberish. The glyphs, however, could supply the needed numbers to go as far as "Get xBox even". My mind was a bit numbed last night, so I'm not sure how much further I could have taken it. This could easily be coincidence, though, as the numbers I was choosing from the Glyphs weren't coming in any logical order. It could just be a matter of probability.

So, I'm interested to hear what you guys think about this. I have a feeling this is some weird coincidence (or perhaps even a clever decoy?). When I saw that Glyph 6 was solved using the the New York transit system, it made me think that maybe I should post this information here so it could be looked at better.

Anyway, I'll continue looking at these maps and see what else (if anything) I can find.

-Phasoms!

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.