| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Well here's what I got out of it (Summary)

Posted By: carbon
Date: 6 June 2001, 16:54

In Response To: Re: Furthermore... (Shade)

> Someone just suggested the foreman could be Claude. Elle could be someone
> else posting to the forum. Maybe someone who's name starts with the letter
> "L" and is guessing in the wrong direction. (BTW, I'm not
> pointing fingers at any L-type people, I'm just trying to figure this
> out.)

> Also, what was that about location and directions -- are the directions
> instructions (say, for solving the glyphs) or are they more like
> travel/compass directions?

Here's the original post from Chelsea:

>I stood in the terminal all night, waiting for Elle. No matter where I
>looked, I couldn't see her.

Someone is waiting for "Elle" I believe Elle refers to us. Therefore, someone (Chelsea?) is waiting for us to solve the puzzle, but we haven't yet (obviously)

>It was as if she had lost the directions and location I gave her.

Here's the tricky part-

She refers to a set of directions AND a location. Until now, most have assumed that the glyphs are themselves the puzzle.

However, I am convinced that the glyphs ARE the key, in coded form. We're using the glyphs as our directions and location right now--people are looking for the solution to the glyphs WITHIN the glyphs.

My take on this is that we need to look at a different "location"-the glyphs are the key, but we need to look elsewhere for the message. My guess is that the glyphs correspond to the Marathon games somehow. I have reposted a post I made at the Story page to explain this better at the end of this post.

>Perhaps my directions and location were incomplete. Then again, I didn't
>make them, the foreman did. He was supposed to tell Elle where to be. I
>shouldn't be surprised, really--it's dark underground, even with Elle
>wearing those bright glasses.

The foreman is whoever made these "original" directions and location.

The interesting thing is that there is directions AND a location to be found. Therefore, the solution must lie not in the glyphs themselves but at some other place.

Remeber, the GLYPHS ARE ONLY THE KEY.

My original post:

Does anyone else notice that some of the possible solutions about the center symbols on the glyphs could correspond with Bungie games? Example:

On symbol 7, there is a Mayan number 74. What games do we know of that involve Central America, home of the Mayans? PiD.

What if the key to this puzzle (in this example) was to find the 74th (fill in the blank) in PiD, where the blank is a large block of text, and then use the numbers on the outside circle to correspond to words in the block of text that would form sentances?

An example:

"One day I went for a walk downtown. I noticed a ring of people surrounding an accident scene. It was hard to see, but the fact that they were all crowding around-as a rule, you should give people room if they're hurt. I noticed that the victims were a family, and started shouting, 'Give them room!'. All of the bystanders turned and looked at me like I was crazy."

Let's say that for the paragraph above, we are given the numbers 1, 12, 22, 35, 56, and 58.

Words 1, 12, 22, 35, 56, and 58, in that order, are:

"One ring to rule them all"

Bungie has always focused on text in their games--stories, especially in the Marathon series.

I think that the symbols themselves could be a clue as to which game the target text would be from, the number derived from the symbol would be the target text, and the ring of numbers along the outside would correspond with words within the target text that would form a sentance.

Unfortunately, I have been able to find a large text block in PiD that corresponds with the number 74 (at least on PiD.bungie.org) and I don't own the game.

Another central symbol that may represent a number is the "ACG" found on glyph 4. Grasshopper says that the letters A, C, and G may correspond to the nucleic acids Adenine, Guanine, and Cytosine, which form an amino acid called threonine, which he goes on to say could represent the number 309.

The trick is to find a target game in which to analyze text block 309. Abuse was vaguely related to genetics, but that game is very loosely connected to Bungie.

In addition, the glyph puzzle seems to relate mostly to Marathon, so I think trying to connect it to Abuse or PiD may be a hunt down the wrong trail.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.